Wednesday, August 2, 2017

currently


8.1.17 currently

currently I am...

snacking (on): Easter M&Ms. Should I even admit that I found an unopened bag (or three) in the pantry that I completely forgot buying on clearance? I suppose the reasonable thing to do would be bake up some pretty, pastel M&M cookies. Can't let all that chocolate goodness go to waste...

anticipating: fall weather. Yes, I know it's only August, but fall is my favorite time of year, and I can't wait to see baby boy's sweet face in October! (And all the stores putting all the cute fall things is.not.helping.)

borrowing: my husband's tees. So big, so stretchy, so perfect for big pregnant bellies!

admiring: these pretty blooms from my co-workers in honor of my grandma.

purchasing: all the things for baby boy's room. Okay, maybe not all the things, but I did pick up a few things during Land of Nod's 20% off sale last weekend including this adorable log seat, campfire nightlight and and bold patterned rug. I also got an amazing deal on these navy and white stripe blackout curtains from Overstock. If you want to get an idea of what his room will *hopefully* look like, check on my nursery inspiration post here.

Sharing with Anne and co-host Shea Lennon for Currently. Each month features a series of prompts that may be interpreted any way you wish.

6 comments:

  1. I love your nursery inspiration, it's going to be adorable! It sounds like you found some great deals for it too. Also, finding hidden stashed candy is the best surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, my husband found the candy, so he deserves the credit, but no matter who found it, it was a great find! :)

      Delete
  2. Fall is my favorite. I'm so ready for layering weather. :) Mmm...finding random hidden candy is great!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my gosh, me too. Fall seriously can't get here soon enough. Though I heard on the weather channel (I'm a nerd who watches/follows that kind of stuff) most of the country is supposed to have a cooler than average August. Can't say I'd complain about that!

      Delete
  3. Dang, how did I miss that sale? I've had a couple of things in my Land of Nod cart for a while and that would have been the time to pull the trigger! Can't wait to see how all of your purchases come together!! And yes, please, to M&M cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man, if I'd known, I would have given you the heads up! Next time. :)

      Delete