Monday, July 10, 2017

summer 10X10 challenge

style challenge header

I've been wanting to do another remix challenge (see my all-time favorite remix series here), so when Lee from the Style Bee and Caroline of UnFancy announced they were co-hosting a Summer 10x10 challenge, I decided (very last minute) to join in.

Basically, you pick out 10 items and wear them for 10 days. Tops, pants, dresses, layering pieces and shoes all count toward your items, but accessories do not. The challenge originally kicked off on Friday - but since I was late to the game - I'm kicking off the series today. First looks debut today on Instagram using the hashtag #SUMMER10x10 (here's a look at mine). It's up to you if you want to do 10 consecutive days or 10 business days for the challenge. I decided to go with 10 business days since most weekends find me in stretchy leggings and one of my husband's tees, which is honestly pretty boring, and I didn't want to waste valuable items on lounge wear.

Here's my 10 items for the next 10 business days:
  • 1 pair of pants
  • 1 pencil skirt
  • 1 dress
  • 1 striped top
  • 2 tees
  • 1 chambray top
  • 1 boyfriend cardigan
  • 2 pairs of sandals

Summer 10x10 items
maternity ankle pants: Loft (exact - 50% off with code LUCKY50)  |  striped pencil skirt: Old Navy (exact)  |  black maternity dress: Old Navy (exact)  |  striped shirt: Loft (exact - 50% off with code LUKCY50)  |  pink tee: GAP Maternity (exact - 40% off with code HAPPY)  |  polka dot tee: Forever21 Plus (similar)  |  chambray top: Loft (similar)  |  cardigan: J. Crew (similar)  |  sandals: Old Navy (exact)  |  heeled sandals: J. Crew Factory (similar - 40% off with code HEATWAVE)
To keep things simple, I stuck with a neutral palette with a few pastels to make items easier to mix and match. The weather is supposed to be hot and humid for the next two weeks, so I made sure to include light-weight clothing like a dress, skirt, sandals as well as a few light layers for the air conditioned office.

Since I like to plan ahead, here's my 10 proposed outfits (though knowing me I'll probably deviate a bit from the plan). But I love the idea of not having to think about what to wear for two whole weeks! I'm usually a last minute throw on and go kind of girl, so hopefully this will alleviate some morning stress. :)

Summer 10x10 outfits

I'm excited about this challenge, though worried I'll run into outfit fatigue wearing the same things over and over. Plus it's HOT in Florida, which means sweat, which will probably mean more washing than normal. Thirdly, since I'm wearing this in real-life, it'll be interesting anyone at work notices I'm wearing the same things again and again and again. Still, I've been in a clothing rut, so I'm excited this challenge has forced me to look at my wardrobe in new - and hopefully fun - ways.

Want to participate? Find all the details over at Style Bee. And remember to use the hashtag #SUMMER10x10 to see all the great looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment