Thursday, June 15, 2017

back to black

maternity black dress, black kimono and embellished sandals 4

In the summer time (okay I know it's not officially summer, but it sure feels like it), I tend to gravitate toward lighter, brighter colors, floral patterns and seersucker stripes. But for this outfit, I decided to go back to the basics with an outfit of all neutrals with a strong emphasis on black. Because sometimes a girl just doesn't feel like all the colors - and you can't go wrong with basic black, right?

Random side note, when my husband was taking these photos he wanted to know why on earth I had bunnies on my kimono - which I can kind of see it - but I assure you they're flowers, not wildlife. :) I managed to score this kimono for a mere $13 dollars from Forever21. Mine's from the plus section and is unfortunately now sold out, but the non-plus version is still available and only $17 if you're interested.

maternity black dress, black kimono and embellished sandals 6
kimono: Forever21 (exact)  |  dress: Old Navy maternity (exact)  |  sandals: Target (cute alternative)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (similar)  |  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact three pearl, exact six pearl)

maternity black dress, black kimono and embellished sandals 2 maternity black dress, black kimono and embellished sandals 3

Today makes 23 weeks, so it's time for another bump update. Baby boy's checkup went well yesterday, his heartbeat was 155 and he was determined to kick while the nurse was trying to capture his heart rate. :) He's approximately the size of a large mango (yum!) about 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound - though my bladder is convinced he's 10 times that size! I've been feeling him kick and move a lot lately, which makes the whole thing seem so much more real. October is going to be here before we know it!

maternity black dress, black kimono and embellished sandals 5 maternity black dress, black kimono and embellished sandals 7 maternity black dress, black kimono and embellished sandals 1

6 comments:

  1. I'm usually the same with colors in the summer but have been doing some summer black like this lately too - it's so great with cognac! Not to mention that a great maternity tank dress like that in black is such a great staple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black and cognac always look so great together (plus I can't find my black sandals since the move - so there's that...) This dress actually has short sleeves, I want to style it by itself maybe with a cute pair of wedges and a statement necklace - basically I just want to copy everything about this pin.

      Delete
  2. lol I never would have thought bunnies when looking at this but they do kinda look like that. It's still cute. You can't go wrong with black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it too, and there's nothing wrong with bunnies. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the black and neutrals for summer! Your kimono is the perfect summer completer piece. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the outfit love! Thanks for hosting Fabulous Friday, I always love linking up. :)

      Delete