Wednesday, May 10, 2017

pretending it's not *almost* summer

long olive cardigan, stripe tee, black pencil pants 7

I'll admit it, I'm in denial that it's practically already summertime in Florida. So even though it's waaay too warm for it, here I am in a long sweater and pants...because air conditioning. Plus, I like longer cardigans to help balance out the bump...a trick that there's no way I'm going to be able to pull off once it's truly summer and 100+ degrees outside. Ideas for summer bump dressing? I'll take all the suggestions and help I can get!

I've unintentionally been a bit MIA the past couple of days. I intended to post Monday Musings, but my husband worked all weekend and ended up getting Monday off, so I took it off as well. We went out and about for the day to Sandestin, Florida and ate an amazing breakfast at the Donut Hole, walked around Eden Gardens and hit the outlets and bookstore. Low key and fun and exactly what we both needed. :) I didn't post yesterday because I didn't have any outfit photos, took these last night and boom...here it is Wednesday and I'm finally get a post together. Opps.

long olive cardigan, stripe tee, black pencil pants 5 cardigan: J. Crew (exact)  |  top: JCPenny (similar) last worn here  |   pants: Loft (exact maternity)  |  shoes: Sam Edelman (exact - on sale!)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (inexpensive similar)  |  watch: Michael Kors (exact)  |  bracelet: Kendra Scott (similar)
long olive cardigan, stripe tee, black pencil pants 2 18 weeks tomorrow - the bump is definitely becoming more apparent. :)

long olive cardigan, stripe tee, black pencil pants 4 long olive cardigan, stripe tee, black pencil pants 1 long olive cardigan, stripe tee, black pencil pants 3 long olive cardigan, stripe tee, black pencil pants 6

The lighting's not quite right in these photos, but I couldn't resist taking a few with my new, fun green backdrop...aka the garage wall. Don't be surprise to see repeat performances in the future. :)

6 comments:

  1. Super cute! I feel ya - I'm in Houston and I'm in denial too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much longer do you think we can style in denial? lol Is it super humid in Houston, cause that what kills it for me in Florida. So muggy!

      Delete
  2. I'm dreading summer, too. Other than school being over, I just can't find any happiness in temps near -or over!-100 degrees and 1,000% humidity here in Louisiana! Thank goodness we have a pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...jealous you have a pool! Thankfully we have friends/neighbors with a pool, so I know where we'll be crashing a lot this summer!

      Delete
  3. Stripes + a cute bump is such a good combo! Also jealous of your good photo backdrop garage wall. Somehow around the perimeter of my rather large house there are very few good photo taking spots...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty fortunate, a lot of the area surrounding our house is nice and shady, and we have green walls, fences, etc. perfect for picture spots. There was nowhere at my old home to take photos, so it's a nice change!

      Delete