Tuesday, March 7, 2017

short skirt and a lonnnng jacket

when: last Thursday  |  where: work  |  weather: 68 and cloudy

Okay, so not quite a short skirt and lonnnng jacket, more like an average length dress and a long cardigan, but I had the Cake song stuck in my head the whole time I was wearing this outfit, so I'm just going to roll with it. :)

Such a simple look, but I really ended up loving it. Cozy to wear, it seriously felt like pjs, and the pink cardigan and booties help add a some fun interest. We had a few coolish days last week - it's been an unseasonably warm February/early March - so I made sure to wear my booties before the super warm weather sets in. Then it'll be sandals all day, everyday.

cardigan: Forever 21 (exact plus, non-plus version)  |  dress: Target (similar)  last worn here  |  booties: Vince Camuto (exact - one sale!)  last worn here  |   necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (similar)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (similar)



//  Sharing on Hello Monday and What I Wore.  //

10 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty look! I love the longer cardigans lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I really like it with this dress, but I tried it with pants and flowy top this week and it was a complete outfit fail. Oh well, win some lose some. :)

      Delete
  2. it took me ages to find a black long cardigan this fall/winter. i finally found it at kohls in the junior section. this IS a long jacket!
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about Khols. :) I like it but the longer cardigan is definitely not my husband's favorite. Oh, well.

      Delete
  3. I love this simple, comfy, cute look! I find that long cardigans over a dress feel so flattering to me. I love outfits that feel dressed up and cozy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It's almost like getting away with walking around in pjs in public all day. :)

      Delete
  4. Love this! Simple and chic! Sometimes simple is best for getting dressed! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I'm all about simple, easy to throw together outfits!

      Delete
  5. Cuuuute! Yes, so simple but very flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Simple + flattery + cozy = the perfect outfit.

      Delete