Friday, March 10, 2017

home tour: curb appeal


We recently sold our house, and I wanted to show off the place we've called home for the past eight years before saying goodbye to it next month. This was my first home purchase; I bought it just as my husband and I started "hanging out" - he actually helped me move in - as a dating, then engaged, then married lady, and latter as a momma. But, at the end of the day, we've out grown our little home. Though that's not to say that I'm not going to miss it and all the wonderful memories made in it.

I originally planned to do one long post featuring the entire house, but it quickly became too cumbersome, so I'm going to break into into separate posts for a mini Friday series. Today's post features the outside of house. Next Friday the living room, then the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and so on. I hope you enjoy this little mini tour as much as we've loved living in our little beach home!

Welcome to our home! exact mat, exact shoes

exact holly leaf/lavender thistle wreath

Oh, snap! Since our hydrangeas and knockout roses where still dormant, we bought some pretty snapdragons to add a little curb appeal. The planters are super old - and have the wear and tear to show for it - but we went with it looks rustic?

My husband and I are in love with historic St. Augustine, and as a nod to one of our favorite places, last fall we painted the house Woodlawn Silver Brook from the Valspar National Trust paint color palette and choose out these pretty rubbed bronze sconces. The paint chip looked gray, but as you can see in photos there's a subtle blue tone, which we really ended up loving.

I snapped this photo last night since the knockout roses are currently in full-bloom. So pretty...

Back patio photos by: Christina Shults Photography

While we never did a lot with our backyard, we did put in the brick patio about five years ago. The knockout roses are usually lovely - but they weren't showing their best when this photo was taken. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing the outside of our home. Next Friday is the living room tour and the room I'm personally most excited to show you - hello gorgeous aqua walls and teal accents!

8 comments:

  1. i love home posts! looking forward to more, and then hopefully some shots of your new home. and then decorating your new home? yes?
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I'm really looking forward to working on our new house and plan to share the process along the way. I see a lot of paint rollers in my near future. :)

      Delete
  2. That house definitely has the "curb appeal" - super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a great little beach house, only 1/2 mile from the water, but we're looking forward to having a toddler-friendly space with some breathing room. Though the new house isn't much further from the water, it just doesn't have a beachy feel.

      Delete
  3. Stinkin' cute and the holly wreath is right up my alley. Are we going inside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next Friday I'm doing a tour of the living room. It was too long of a post to do the whole house, so I decided to break it up into a mini series. :)

      Delete
  4. Your house is adorable! I love the color and shape, and I'm super jealous of flowers in bloom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! It only took us eight years to get it to a place we're really happy with...and then we sold it. :) Oh, well, just means we'll have to get to work on the new one!

      Delete