Tuesday, February 28, 2017

february budget



February budget: $186.55
first quarter budget: $600 - $234.09 in January - $186.55 in February + $43.95 in clothing sales from ThredUp = $223.31 remaining

Last month I felt like I bought all the items, so I'm pleased I only added five items to my closet (as opposed to last month's eight). I think my favorite purchase this month were these gorgeous suede teal flats from J. Crew. I got them in my usual size 9, but I added a back of heel cushion since they initially wanted to slip a little bit. They haven't made it to the blog yet, but you can see them on Instagram here. Thanks to eBay, I got an amazing deal of a mislabeled pair of J. Crew navy pixie pants. The tag says they're sixes, but they're really a 16 and either way it meant big savings for me! (see them here).

I love my J. Crew Factory white with navy polka dot dress so much, I had to have this year's navy and white polka dot version. I actually ordered it in a size 20 (for extra length) and may end up taking in the sides, but as you can see in photos, it doesn't look too loose, though there's plenty of extra fabric.

Two more tops made it into my closet, this gray lace embroidered top that will be perfect in the upcoming summer months - plus I love the elbow length sleeves - and a blush split neck tunic for work (see it here). 

After holding on to my thredUP bag from months, I finally sent it back in and got a few dollars for my clean out efforts. Though I didn't make a lot of money, I didn't want to mess with listing items on eBay or Poshmark. Plus it helped counter January's spending spree. :)

Looking forward to next month, I have this gorgeous white with cream fringe dot midi skirt on order as well as this mauve long cardigan (as a hopeful replacement to my well-worn blush cardigan). I'm also drooling over this navy crochet trim kimono, so it very well might make it's way home to me as well...

//  Sharing on Franish for Budgeting Bloggers.  //

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Kirsten, so far I like the pixie pants. I think they fit more like leggings than pants, but they're really comfortable and I haven't had any problems with pilling or shrinking in the wash. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Well you HAD to have those shoes and that dress - worn together, they ARE your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you're right. You know, I didn't even put that together until just now. lol :)

      Delete
  3. I love that this month contains both teal AND polka dots, lol. Beautiful shoes though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks! I didn't even realize I done it until I read the comments. I'm unintentionally awesome. :P

      Delete
  4. Those flats are such a fun pop of color! They would look great with the polka dot dress! (I also noticed the presence of both teal and polka dots, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would! I didn't think about putting the two together, but now I definitely want to try it!

      Delete
  5. You got such a great selection of bargains this month! :) And add me to the list of people amused and impressed you bought both teal and polka dots to live up to the blog name! They are very cute shoes.

    Hope you are having a really good week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love finding bargains, I guess the kicker is that all those deals add up every month. I'm always a sucker for the whole, "but it's on sale..." mentality. :)

      Delete