Tuesday, January 10, 2017

ootd: lots of layers

when: Monday  |  where: work  |  temp: low 50s

We actually had a few cold days in Florida, and you know my scarf-loving heart rejoiced! Saturday and Sunday saw lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s and yesterday warmed up to the mid 50s, but the humid beach air made it quite chilly. My solution: wear lots of layers. Throughout the day I ditched the scarf and jacket, but it was perfect for the transitioning weather.

Plus, "cold" is different here, probably because of the humidity. It makes summers sweat to death hot and cold days downright frigid, even though the temps aren't really that cold. At first I thought my blood was just thinning out here in Florida, making me less equipped to handle cold weather. But when I went home to Tennessee after Christmas, temps in the 50s felt divine, barely a jacket needed. 50s in coastal Florida is freaking cold...break out the scarf and boots, cause you're going to need them. Guess that dampness goes right through your clothes...and frizzes your hair. :)


jacket: Old Navy (similar) last worn here  /  sweater: Loft (similar)  /  shirt: GAP outlet (similar)  /  pants: Loft (very similar last worn here  /  boots: Arturo Chiang (exact - on sale!)  last worn here  /  scarf: Banana Republic (cute striped alternative last worn here /  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact last worn here  /  watch: Fossil (same face with a leather band)  /  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact three pearl, exact six pear)


Sadly, starting tomorrow we'll be back to highs in the 70s, but it all the layers were fun while they lasted. :) I'm sure all you folks up north are yelling at me now...honestly, I know I have it good down here in the temperate south. I relish the few cold days we get, but would probably hate it if it was cold all winter long. 


//  Sharing on What I Wore.  //

4 comments:

  1. Oh man I want to live in that scarf. Love it with the basic black and the awesome peek of stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this scarf. I saw it on Fran a couple of years ago and had to copycat her. That girl can definitely rock a scarf. :)

      Delete
  2. That scarf!!! The texture. Against the all black is bomb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You can't go wrong with a monochromatic look. :)

      Delete