Thursday, September 29, 2016

celebrating

chambray skirt and green pencil skirt 1

I showed this outfit for the chambray edition of #momstyle remix, but liked it so much I decided to dedicate a full post to it's green-skirted goodness. I love that it has a nod to fall with the deep forest green, but the light-weight chambray kept things cool and comfortable on a 90+ day. Thankfully it's starting to cool off a little bit - highs in the mid-80s and lows in the 60s - finally tolerable Florida weather.

Unrelated side note, I'm so, so glad things have finally calmed down at work and I'm back to a regular 8-5 schedule. It's nice to get back into a normal routine again, and to have time to dedicate to this space. I've missed you guys! My office mates and I had celebratory pumpkin spice frappuccinos - it's just too dang hot for warm anything this time of year - in honor of the completion of the magazine (and National Coffee Day). I can't think of a better way to celebrate!

chambray skirt and green pencil skirt 2
top: Loft (similar, similar plus)
skirt: J. Crew Factory (exact in other colors, J. Crew version)
shoes: Lucy Avenue (cute alternative)
necklace: Loft (cute alternative)
watch: Fossil (exact face with a leather band)
bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl, exact aqua)
earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)

chambray skirt and green pencil skirt 3 chambray skirt and green pencil skirt 4 chambray skirt and green pencil skirt 7 chambray skirt and green pencil skirt 6

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for my September budget finds. Spoiler alert: even though I was crazy busy, I still found time to shop... 

2 comments:

  1. Love the green! A great way to compromise for hot weather fall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the green too, such a pretty color for fall!

      Delete