Tuesday, August 30, 2016

august budget

august budget
  1. J. Crew Factory clare cardigan: $54.50, on sale for $27
  2. J. Crew Factory gingham d'orsay flats: $108, on sale for $49.99 + 50% off = $24.99
  3. GAP boyfriend stripe popover: $54.95 + 40% off = $35.12
  4. Ann Taylor floral pencil skirt: $89 + 60% off = $32
  5. Loft ruffled top: $49.88 + 40% off = $29.92
  6. Bourbon & Boweties bracelet: $32
August budget: $178.03
third quarter budget: $600 - $217.23 for July - $178.03 for August = 
$204.74 remaining

August's purchases were all about pattern play with a combination of pretty florals, stripes and gingham. Thankfully my spending is down a smidgen, thanks to scoring some great deals! I'm pleased with my wardrobe additions, with my favorites a toss up between the Ann Taylor floral pencil skirt (see how I wore it here) and the GAP boyfriend stripe popover (see how I wore it here). I purchased the popover in a large since reviews said it runs big (I found that to be true as well) and the skirt in a 14. In all honesty, I should have gotten a 16, but it was sold out in that size and I loved the pattern so much I decided to keep it even though it's a but more snug than what I'm used to. 

I probably didn't need another cardigan, but I wanted something a little more fitted a in a neutral-ish color to wear with skirts and dresses. For reference, this cardigan is an XL. I've been wearing my new Bourbon & Boweties bracelet almost daily since receiving it - who doesn't love a pop of teal - and the gingham flats are the perfect cure for boring shoe days. These are a size 9 and fit true to size, though there's been a little bit of a break-in period. No blusters, but a little rubbing on the back of my heels that seems to be improving with wear. Last but not least, it's this pretty pink shell. It runs wide, mine's a large and is still plenty roomy. It looks great layered with a cardigan, and maybe one of these days I'll actually manage to take pictures while wearing it. 

September is my birthday month, and I have J. Crew rewards burning my pocket - I'm particularly enamored with this red tweed schoolboy blazer and this gorgeous green pencil skirt - so I'm sure something J. Crew-wise will work it's way into next month's budget. :) 

//  Sharing on Franish for Budgeting Bloggers.  //

2 comments:

  1. I love all the pretty patterns and colors in your purchases for August. Those gingham flats are so much fun, and what a good price too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a sucker for sales, gets me every time! Though, I suppose my closet thanks me. :)

      Delete