Monday, March 7, 2016

Green Midi Dress

Happy Monday friends!

I've been hunting for easy, but polished dresses to my closet, so I was super excited to find this J. Crew midi dress on major sale (a few sizes are still available, including the size 16 I'm wearing). It's the perfect dress for those days where you feel like playing dress-up, but still want to be comfy - those of you who have read this blog for awhile know - that's me pretty much every day. The perforated details are just lovely and an elastic waistband for food babies = perfection.

I wasn't sold on the length at first, and was considering having it hemmed to the knee so I could wear it with sandals this summer, but now that I see it in pictures, I really like it at mid-calf. Though knee-length would be more versatile. Thoughts? It would be perfect if somehow you could velcro or snap the hem up when needed. Would that be weird, or genius?

Curiosity peaked, I just did a quick search online and Brit + Co has a fabric tape temporary hem hack! So there you go, adjustable hems ARE possible. :)

Dress. J. Crew (exact in limited sizes - currently 50% off, cute alternative)
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Shoes: Lands' End via Sierra Trading Post (similar)
Clutch: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklaces: Pendant: Loft (pretty alternative)  |  Initial: Amazon (exact, disk option)
Watch: Fossil (similar)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)
Bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl, almost exact aqua)
Ring: Pandora (exact)



2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty color on you! I like the midi length too, but I can see your point with a shorter length being more versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Caroline! Green isn't a color I have a lot of in my closet, but the more I wear it, the more I like it! :)

      Delete