Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Rose Gold and Navy


I've majorly been into rose gold lately. Since it has a more silver tone, it's a great way for people whose skin tone looks better with silver jewelry to get away with wearing gold.

If you've never done a silver or metal test before, here's a fun quiz from Popsugar. I'm a neutral, so I can get away most of it. (Except brassy gold, I HATE brassy gold.) One of the benefits (or curses) of blonde hair and brown eyes is I don't really fall into a specific category when in comes to color analysis and such. When it comes to my jewelry, I prefer silver, though I've found myself wearing more gold lately, maybe because it seems to be more on trend?

I dipped my toe in the (rose gold) water a few months ago when I purchased my rose gold boyfriend watch from Target and it snowballed from there. I still don't own a lot of jewelry in it: a pair of earrings, one bracelet, a shorter necklace and one ring. I've been on the lookout for a long necklace and decided to try the Kendra Scott tassel necklace in rose gold/navy during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Sadly, it's out of stock, but colors seem to be popping in and out, so it's worth keeping an eye on. **Update as of Aug. 8 it's in stock but backordered until Aug. 21.**

At first, I wasn't sure if I liked the necklace or not, maybe I'm just used to seeing the 'Ranye' tassel necklaces in gold, but as I wore it through the day, I loved it more and more. I got a ton of compliments and I love how it's a little different from the other tassel necklaces. I tried to order the peach/rose gold during the sale, but my order was canceled. I'm still curious as to how it looks in real life, so if any of you were lucky enough to score that beauty, let me know if you liked it!

I'm hooked. Give me rose gold everything! My birthday is next month, and I'd love the Kendra Scott Devalyn long necklace in rose gold. Wouldn't it look great paired with my new Kendra Scott? Husband, if you are reading this, big hint to you! :)

Dress: Gap Factory (similar) (sleeveless plum version)
Sweater: Old Navy (similar)
Sandals: Target (similar)
Watch: Target (exact)
Bracelet: SageK and Co (upgrade)
Ring: JewelMint (similar)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (backordered until Aug. 21) (gold/navy)
Earrings: Fossil (exact)


//I'm linking up with the Pleated Poppy for What I Wore//

7 comments:

  1. Love this color combination! You look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kenzie! It's one of my favorite outfits I've worn lately. I can't get enough of maxi dresses. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this look!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Peach and navy are quickly becoming one of my favorite color combos.

      Delete
  3. I've yet to own anything navy and it bugs me because I'm seeing a lot of gorgeous navy pieces like this maxi dress of yours. I guess I can be too picky! But you look amazing in this outfit :)

    If you have a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Navy can be tricky: too dark and it look black, too light and it looks blue. Good luck on your navy journey. :) I'll be sure to check out your page...headed that way as soon as I finish typing this...

      Delete
  4. As much as I love the demo on DIY awesome ring shots, my favorite part of this post by FAR is your explanation of your CZ stone! that is such a beautiful story, and makes me respect you even more than I already did!, you're awesome. Also, looking through those gorgeous green stones, the Gaspeite pretty much jumped off the page at me screaming your name. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Orange Garnet Silver Ring


    , and I know they come in a bajillion different colors. Were I ever to design a ring for myself, I would totally go for something that is more in the "stone" family than the "gem" family Silver/Rose Gold Rings

    ReplyDelete