Thursday, July 16, 2015

Favorite Summer Outfit

Today I'm linking up with Bri from Work Clothes I Suppose for Third Thursday Threads. This month's challenge was to wear your favorite summer outfit. I knew immediately I wanted to wear a dress. I hate shorts, so that was out, and I wanted to play with something that could be worn on the weekend or for work. Solution: this simple stripe dress.

I snagged this dress when Loft was running a $60 of of $100 promotion, plus I had a rewards card, so it basically cost me a whole whopping $0.80. Crazy, right? It's super light and comfortable and perfect for hot, humid Florida summers. It a thicker weave, so I don't feel exposed, and I absolutely love the sleeve length. My only gripe is that I wish it was just a little longer, but after pulling on it all day, I managed to make it grow an inch. Am I the only one who does that? :)

 
Dress: Loft (exact)
Sandals: Target (adorable glitter option)
Hat: World Market (similar)
Watch: Target (exact) 
Necklace: Baublebar (exact)
Earrings: Baublebar (similar) 
Purse: Coach (similar)

Dress: Loft (exact)
Shoes: Madewell (non-hole version)
Blazer: Gap (similar, exact on ebay)
Clutch: Clare V. (exact)
Necklace: Baublebar (exact)
Earrings: Baublebar (similar) 
Watch: Target (exact)
Ring: The Holley Fair (similar)

I had everyone intention of wearing this second outfit to work, but I was about to sweat to death just taking photos, so I went with the first look and lost the hat and was cool and comfortable all day. I can't wait to wear this dress all summer!

2 comments:

  1. I love your style! That blazer is everything <333
    http://scienceofadornment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sad GAP doesn't make blazers like this anymore. :( I have this coral one and I found a kelly green one on eBay; they're hands down two of my favorite blazers in my closet.

      Delete