Monday, August 14, 2017

monday musings: week 32

monday musings_header

Welcome to Monday Musings! Each Monday I share a different "get to know you" style Q&A. I invite you to join in the comments below so I can get to know you as well.

Q: Tell us one of your bad habits.

A: I can be a bit impatient - especially when I'm hangry. Hanger - for me - has been especially difficult to manage while pregnant. Now that I've found out I have GB (gestational diabetes) I have to be very careful about what I eat, and since I have to test my blood sugar two hours after breakfast, lunch and dinner, I can't just grab a snack whenever hunger strikes, or it'll jack up my results. Between that and my busiest time at work, I've felt the impatience ramping up, so it's been important for me to be able to step outside of the situation and breath. Sadly, my drug of choice - chocolate - is a bit limited these days, so I remind myself that it's all temporary. I'll get my job done and the magazine sent to press before the baby comes - and if I go into labor early we have people on staff more than qualified to finish it up - and when I'm hangry - the next meal is on the horizon...and thankfully cheese is always on the menu!

What about you? What are one of your bad habits? Let me know in the comments below.

As I mentioned last week, now that I've been doing Monday Musings for eight months I want to know if you have any questions for me. Anything you'd like for me to answer? Post your questions in the comments below, or email me at tealandpolkadots@gmail.com. I'd love to incorporate your questions into upcoming segments of Monday Musings. :)

2 comments:

  1. My bad habits I'm working on right now: failing to remove my makeup before bed and never drinking enough water. It's not that difficult to do these things, but somehow, despite being a very efficient/to-do oriented person, I just can't make myself!

    I meant to put in my question last week... I don't think you've done one about books, have you? Maybe what are 3 of your favorite books? And/or favorite book you've read this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really bad about taking my makeup off at night too. I've been trying to be better about at least wiping my eye makeup and using the Bioderma Sebium you turned me on to, but sometimes even that seems like too much effort.

      I've talked about my favorite authors before , but not my favorite books - it's so hard to choose - but that would be a fun post to do!

      Delete