Thursday, August 24, 2017

mix of summer and fall

maternity white jeans, navy tee and navy stripe cardigan 7

I feel like this outfit is a mix between summer and fall with summery white jeans and sandals and a fall-ish long cardigan. Though it's definitely all summer here in Florida right now. It's hot.hot.hot. In fact it's the hottest it's been all summer, which has me longing for true fall. That's probably the season I miss most from my Tennessee mountains. Fall in my part of Tennessee is a gorgeous array of colors and deliciously cool temps. We just don't get that in Florida. It goes from hot to cold (for a few days) then warms right back up. Some Thanksgivings are spent in shorts and a tee, others a jacket. Ya just never know.

At least this cardigan is nice and lightweight, which is nice for the office...though not so nice for 93 degree days with feels like temps in the 103s. I probably didn't need another striped cardigan in my closet, but I couldn't resist this fun, thin to thick stripe pattern. What can I say, I'm a cardigan and stripe addict.

maternity white jeans, navy tee and navy stripe cardigan 6
cardigan: Loft (exact)  |  tee: GAP maternity (exact, non-maternity option) last worn here  |  jeans: GAP maternity (similar, non-maternity option) last worn here  |  sandals: Birkenstock (exact)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (pretty alternative)  |  bracelet: Baublebar (fun alternative)

maternity white jeans, navy tee and navy stripe cardigan 1 maternity white jeans, navy tee and navy stripe cardigan 3

Today makes 33 weeks pregnant and time for another bump update! Baby 's doing well and cooking along nicely. Supposedly he's about 4 pounds, 17 inches and the size of a pineapple, but since we're tracking about four weeks ahead in size (more like 37 weeks) I guess that would make him about 6 1/3 pounds, 19 inches and about as big as romaine lettuce. No worries, he's not supposed to make his appearance anytime too soon, he's just a big boy. If all goes according to plan, we'll get to meet him in about six weeks, a week shy of 40 weeks since he's frank breech and large. I keep jokingly telling my husband the baby's size it's his fault since he's tall and has a big head (as does baby boy) - let's just say he's less than amused at the comparison. He also has a head full of hair already, which definitely comes for daddy who has thick almost black locks and I was born a baldy. :)

maternity white jeans, navy tee and navy stripe cardigan 5 maternity white jeans, navy tee and navy stripe cardigan 2 maternity white jeans, navy tee and navy stripe cardigan 4

Shop the post 


//  Sharing on Fabulous Friday.  //

8 comments:

  1. Yes, such a perfect way to mix summer and fall! I am trying to not wish summer away, but when it gets into September I just don't like wearing things that scream summer so loudly, even if the weather is warm - so I love finding ways to keep using white jeans like this that turn it more neutral/graphic than summery. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been majorly wanting to wear all the fall things. As soon as September hits, I'm ready. Today it was in the 60s this morning with low humidity and just a hint of cool in the air. Perfection.

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks great like that! And I love that cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's my lazy girl don't feel like washing (or even brushing my hair) hairstyle. I just spray in a bunch of dry shampoo and twist it up with the help of a lot of bobby pins. :)

      Delete
  3. Love this, and your hair looks great! Glad your pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's my go-to style when I don't feel like washing my hair. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the stripes!
    Thanks so much for linking up with the Fabulous Friday link-up this week :)
    Suzy Turner at Yogadocious
    (this week’s co-host)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always love joining in the link-up!

      Delete