Sunday, July 30, 2017

thoughts and whatnots: 7.30.17

7.30.17 thoughts and whatnots
gray jersey dresses: one  |  two  |  three

blog love:

on teal and polka dots:


favorite sales:


whatnots:
  • what I'm reading: I finished Adriana Trigiani's "The Shoemaker's Wife" in the airport so I picked up Elin Hilderbrand's "Here's to Us" to read during one of my (many) layovers on Wednesday. 
  • what I'm watching: We cut the cable at our house a few years ago, so I enjoyed watching reruns of Chopped, Full House and Golden Girls at the hotel. 
  • what I'm crushing on: With the arrival of my new sofa for my craft room/guest room, I've been trying to figure out how best to style it. Maybe something a little glitz, with bold prints like this cream fringe throw, a fun blush faux fur throw pillow, a couple of black and white ikat pillows, some sparkly gold sequin pillows and this black and white tribal lumbar pillow
  • what I'm looking forward to: After the whirlwind of this past week, I'm looking forward to a quiet Sunday at home. My grandmother passed away last Friday. Monday I caught a very early flight from Panama City to Atlanta to Detroit to Kalamazoo to arrive in time for the viewing. The funeral was Tuesday and Wednesday I flew home, but my flight in Detroit was canceled, so I had to fly to D.C. to Atlanta to Panama City adding about seven hours to my travel time. I didn't home until 9 at night (my first flight was at 7:30 a.m.), then got up and worked the next day. All completely worth it, but this momma is tired! 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you got to enjoy some relaxing and recovery this weekend. So sorry to hear about your grandma, but I'm glad you were able to make it and be with the family!

    And you collected some good links this week, if I may say so myself :) I kind of want to put mini party hats on everything right now! Also that totally makes me jealous that you have a Cricut, and I totally get those introvert feelings - some great tips there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Cricut, I've just been too busy to do much crafting lately. Maybe one of these days things will settle down. :)

      Delete
  2. Aww thanks so much for sharing! I'm thinking I need to get a gray jersey dress in my closet after seeing how versatile yours are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine. Easy to dress up or just be worn casually. :)

      Delete