Wednesday, July 19, 2017

summer 10x10 remix: look 8

tan boyfriend cardigan, maternity black dress, nude wedge sandals 7_NEW

This outfit is kinda of a snooze-fest isn't it? I felt pretty cute in it, until I saw it in photos. It just photographed so blah. I needs me some color, stat! A bright sandal, a different color cardigan, a punchy necklace...something...

...or maybe it's the dress' fault? I'm beyond excited this is the last time I'll ever wear this dress. Not bad in photos, but it looks horribly worn out in real-life. While it proved to be versatile piece for the #Summer10x10 remix - layered under cardigans, with knotted tees and chambray - it just didn't hold up against multiple washing and wearings. Lesson learned: if you're going to do a remix, make sure you use good, quality pieces that can endure extended wear and tear.

While this particular dress was a bit of a disappointment, a stretchy black jersey dress is a pretty great maternity wardrobe staple. I'll definitely be on the lookout for a decent replacement. Any suggestions? While I hesitate to go with Old Navy again, I'm still tempted to order their black jersey tank dress. Only because last month I bought it's twin in navy and it's held up pretty well, the material is a bit thicker and there's been no pilling even though I've washed and worn it several times. I hate to spend a lot of money on something that I'm only going to need for a few more months. We'll see...

tan boyfriend cardigan, maternity black dress, nude wedge sandals 3_NEW
dress: Old Navy (exact, non-maternity version)  |  cardigan: J. Crew (similar)  |  sandals: J. Crew Factory (similar)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (similar)

tan boyfriend cardigan, maternity black dress, nude wedge sandals 1_NEW tan boyfriend cardigan, maternity black dress, nude wedge sandals 5_NEW tan boyfriend cardigan, maternity black dress, nude wedge sandals 6_NEW tan boyfriend cardigan, maternity black dress, nude wedge sandals 4_NEW tan boyfriend cardigan, maternity black dress, nude wedge sandals 2_NEW

shop the post:

No comments:

Post a Comment