Friday, July 14, 2017

summer 10x10 remix: look 4

dot dot tee, maternity black dress, wedge sandals 7

Happy Friday friends! Here's my fourth look for the #Summer10x10 remix. Want me to let you in on a little secret? This isn't a skirt and top, but a tee knotted over a dress. I was really nervous about trying out this look (inspired by this pin) - it's kinda out of my comfort zone - but I ended up loving it! Yeah, it may have a bit of an 80s flare with the knotted top, bold dots and wavy hair, but the 80s are in, right? And for the first time of the challenge, I give you a look without a cardigan.

Just to keep things real, I did have to do laundry the night before wearing this so I could have a non-smelly dress to wear. Florida summer = sweat. I might be a bit spoiled/lazy but I typically only do laundry once a week on Sundays. It's a washing extravaganza - lights, darks, towels, the kid's clothes - so I was a little bitter when I had to do an additional load halfway though the week.

Also, I'm disappointed in the quality of this Old Navy dress. If I remember correctly, this is only the fourth time I've worn it and it's already hopelessly pilled. I'll wear it for the rest of the challenge, but will probably have to retire it afterwards. At least it was on sale, but I don't think it was too unrealistic to expect it to have lasted through my pregnancy. Has anyone else run into that with Old Navy? I feel like some of their stuff is pretty decent and others practically throwaway pieces.

dot dot tee, maternity black dress, wedge sandals 6
dress: Old Navy (exact, non-maternity option)  |  top: Forever21+ (similar) last worn here  |  sandals: J. Crew Factory (similar)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (similar)  |  necklace: Baublebar (similar)  |  watch: Fossil (similar)  |  bracelet: Moorea Seal (similar)

dot dot tee, maternity black dress, wedge sandals 5 dot dot tee, maternity black dress, wedge sandals 3 dot dot tee, maternity black dress, wedge sandals 2 dot dot tee, maternity black dress, wedge sandals 1 dot dot tee, maternity black dress, wedge sandals 4

shop the post:

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Pinterest for the win - it totally works. I assumed it was a high-waisted skirt when I first saw it. Love the silhouette it creates, and the fun graphic look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, what did we do before Pinterest? It's definitely my go to for outside, decor and recipe inspiration!

      Delete
  2. I just had to replace a black maxi dress that I had bought from Old Navy, and like you, I think I wore it less than five times before it was pilling like crazy! Agh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so frustrating! Some of their stuff seems to really hold up and others just fall apart. :(

      Delete
  3. I LOVE knotting tees over dresses; it's seriously my jam :) Looks adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love it now that I've tried it. I'm a convert - I'll definitely knot tees over dresses again in the future!

      Delete