Tuesday, July 11, 2017

summer 10x10 remix: look 1

black and white stripe pencil skirt, white and black stripe shirt and tan cardigan 5

For the first day of the #Summer10x10 Challenge, I decided to stick with neutrals, but went nuts with stripes on stripes. It looks like it could be a dress, but really is a pencil skirt and top in a contrasting stripe pattern. Tricky, right? This weekend, I found this stretchy jersey striped skirt at my local Old Navy for only $10 and couldn't resist. I love how it's knee length when worn over the bump and since it's not maternity, I can wear it after the baby is born at a more midi length.

I had originally planned on wearing this outfit without a cardigan, but it was perfect for the air conditioned office, and honestly I like the slimming effect of a long cardigan vs. just the skirt and top alone. :)

Ironic that I live in Florida, but often dress like I live somewhere much cooler. But I can't (and wouldn't) wear shorts and sleeveless things to the office, so my concession to summer are my sandals. However, if I was going to be outside for a long period of time, I'd definitely ditch the cardigan, but it was okay for the whole 10 minutes I stood outside taking photos.

black and white stripe pencil skirt, white and black stripe shirt and tan cardigan 3
skirt: Old Navy (exact)  |  top: Loft (exact)  |  cardigan: J. Crew (exact in other colors, similar)  |  shoes: J. Crew Factory (similar)  |  necklace: Baublebar (similar)  |   watch: Fossil (similar)  |  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact three pearl, exact six pearl)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (similar)

black and white stripe pencil skirt, white and black stripe shirt and tan cardigan 2 black and white stripe pencil skirt, white and black stripe shirt and tan cardigan 1 black and white stripe pencil skirt, white and black stripe shirt and tan cardigan 7 black and white stripe pencil skirt, white and black stripe shirt and tan cardigan 6 black and white stripe pencil skirt, white and black stripe shirt and tan cardigan 4

No comments:

Post a Comment