Monday, June 19, 2017

monday musings: week 24

monday musings_header

Welcome to Monday Musings! Each Monday I share a different "get to know you" style Q&A. I invite you to join in the comments below so I can get to know you as well.

Q: What do you like about where you live?

monday musings week 24

A: This question is timely since summer in Florida is especially hard for me - even more so while pregnant. It's so dang HOT, tourist season is in full blast and I start to fantasize about places like the Arctic. My husband and I joke that we reverse hibernate - all the outside things in the fall/winter and glorious air conditioned indoors during the worst of summer.

So it's good to reflect on the things I do like about living here: the unbelievable ocean views, a job that I actually like, my beautiful new home, Disney World within driving distance (hello Florida resident rates!), not to mention St. Augustine - one of my absolute favorite Florida spots - and we have moderate winters. All good things. So right now might not be my favorite Florida season, but there's still plenty to look forward to - beach days, 4th of July fireworks, cookouts (I got my husband a grill for Father's Day) and rainy summer days that make it cool enough to go adventuring. :)

What do you like about where you live? Let me know in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. I have to give myself these kind of pep talks in winter... but here the summer weather is the happy thing! We clearly need to swap homes in certain seasons :) I also love the cute downtown and amazing farmers market my town has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our perfect solution would be a summer home in Michigan and a winter home in Florida (and fall home in Tennessee for me). Hmmm...I think I need to be in a different career field to afford that lifestyle. :)

      Delete
  2. I used to live in St. Augustine when I was a kid. There was a trail in our backyard that led to a short distance to the beach. I miss it but Georgia is my home. My favorite part is the old houses in Atlanta that I see on my way to my transplant center. I hear you on the heat. It is ugly hot here too. Hang in there!

    btw, my blogger is up and running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous that you used to live in St. Augustine! My husband is obsessed with the idea of retiring there one day (I'm still holding out for the Tennessee mountains). Glad to hear your blogger is back up and running, frustrating when you run into issues along the way!

      Delete
  3. I'd rather live in Tennessee, more chance of snow. As much as I loved being close to a beach, Christmas in Florida is weird. It's like 80 in December, wearing shorts with Christmas decorated palm trees. My experiences with doctors and schools back then weren't positive ones.

    I was working with a template like yours but gave up on it. I am liking the one I picked and it is more mobile friendly. I could kick myself for ever leaving blogger in the first place.

    ReplyDelete