Tuesday, June 20, 2017

midi skirted belly bump

chambray shirt, cream dot midi and wedge sandals 4

For those of you who have followed this space for awhile, you know adore midi skirts. My obsession began last summer and since then have added quite a few to my closet - red, polka dotted, pink pleated, teal - I went a bit wild. But with sadness, I packed them away for the move and didn't anticipate being able wear them again until after the baby was born.

That is, until I started seeing all these adorable midi skirt maternity outfits on Pinterest and became obsessed with trying it for myself. The question was, which skirt? Enter this cream, dotted midi skirt back bought back in March, but unworn before it was packed away with the rest of my midis. Which really bugged - beyond annoying to have wait at least nine months, if not longer, before finally getting to wear it. So when I decided to try out a maternity midi skirt outfit for myself, I knew I had to rip off the tags and wear this one.

chambray shirt, cream dot midi and wedge sandals 6
shirt: Loft (similar) last worn here  |  skirt: J. Crew (options below)  |  shoes: J. Crew Factory (similar)  |  purse: GAP (exact)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Michael Kors (exact)  |  bracelet: Kendra Scott (similar)  |  earrings: Kendra Scott (exact in drusy)

Sadly, my skirt is no longer available, but I did find some fun alternatives for you:


chambray shirt, cream dot midi and wedge sandals 5

While I'm not 100% convinced I'm pulling it off, it was nice to wear something different than my ever present jersey dresses and kimonos. So that has to count for something, right? :) That and the fact that I fixed my hair for the first time in weeks. I don't mind the wavy, but this definitely feels more like me and sometimes you just need to fix your hair and pull out an old favorite look to feel more like yourself (and less like the beached whale I keep telling my husband I feel like).

chambray shirt, cream dot midi and wedge sandals 3 chambray shirt, cream dot midi and wedge sandals 1 chambray shirt, cream dot midi and wedge sandals 2

Sharing on The Style File, Trend Spin and What I Wore. 

4 comments:

  1. You definitely pull it off! And I'm totally jealous because I packed mine away (I'm currently 4 months). I just found it uncomfortable. Hoping next spring I'm ready to wear it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I agree about the band sitting above the belly being a bit uncomfortable - maybe it would have been less so with a thin tee? I might have to try that next! :)

      Delete
  2. It's adorable! Love a chambray + skirt combo, and you're totally pulling it off for pregnancy. And yay for finding something that feels "you" when your body isn't feeling quite your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's one thing I kind of forgot about from my last pregnancy - how your body starts to feel a bit alien. But all totally worth it. :)

      Delete