Friday, June 30, 2017

june budget

june budget


june budget: $203.91
second quarter budget: $600 - $180.24 in April - $231.38 in May
- $203.91 in June = $587.53
$15.53 over for the second quarter

I feel like this was the month for random purchases. A kimono or two here, striped skirt or two there, add a few cognac accessories ... my choices may not have been the most thought out, but I'm still happy with my closet additions (even if I did go a wee bit over budget). 

My favorite purchases are the two J. Crew Factory striped midi skirts. After seeing the navy and white stripe make its way through the blogger rounds (see it on Kate, Sarah and Fran), I knew I wanted to make it mine as well. Since it's more knee-length than midi, I'm not sure it will work maternity-wise, so I may have to wait awhile to wear it. The seersucker skirt, (see how I wore it here) worn over the bump, it hits right at the knee. I love how fresh and summery it looks - plus pockets! I sized up to an 18 in both skirts - mainly for the added length - and figure I can have them taken in if they're too big post-baby. 

This maternity gray stripe tee (see how I wore it here) is perfect for those days where you just want something oversized and comfy that looks more dressed up than a plain t-shirt. It's an in XL with plenty of room for the expanding belly. I also snagged this cognac bag from GAP (see how I wore it here) as a replacement for my beloved aqua Kate Spade bag until I can have its handle repaired.

I've been on the lookout for cute sandals that don't have an ankle strap (thanks swollen ankles), and these cute two-tone gold and cognac sandals (see how I wore them here) fit the bill. I like that they have a thicker sole, though I they run a little small/narrow. I ordered my usual size 9 and they fit more like an 8.5. Unfortunately, they only go up to a 9, so I couldn't size up. 

I've been wearing maternity dresses like crazy lately - truly a Florida summer salvation - so when this navy tank dress went on sale, I decided to add it to my ever growing collection. I really love that it goes just past the knee. I've worn it a ton, but haven't managed to get any outfit photos yet. #bloggerfail For reference, it's an XL.

And last, but not least, are the two kimonos. Did I need more kimonos, hmmm, perhaps not, but they are seriously the easiest thing to throw over a dress, jeans or shorts and instantly look more dressed up without adding a bulky layer. The cream floral tassel kimono (see how I wore it here) is a size XL and the black embroidered kimono (see how I wore it here) is a 1X. Sadly, both are sold out, but the non-plus version of the black kimono is still available.

And that's a wrap on the second quarter budget. Looking forward -  I just ordered the J. Crew linen campbell blazer in pink to try - already imaging all the cute bump outfits with it - so if it works out that'll be in next month's budget. :)

//  Sharing with Budgeting Bloggers.  //  

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes to the kimonos - they are a summer (and pregnancy!) essential for me, I don't know how I ever coped without them, haha!

    I really like the striped skirts you got too - I used to have a collection of similar skirts and now it's down to just two but I frequently regret letting them go and wish I had kept them, once I'm shopping again I'll be on the look out for something similar :)

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I hate it when I give something away and then have outfit regret afterwards. Mine's been this blue striped maternity tee I wore in my last pregnancy, but donated and I've really been wishing I hung on to it this summer!

      Delete
  2. Love that tank dress and the two midi skirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can't go wrong with blue and stripes. :)

      Delete