Thursday, June 29, 2017

disappearing act

seersucker midi skirt and navy tee 5

Hi friends, I apologize for being a bit absent this week. I often blog on the fly, taking photos the day before (or day of) posting. I don't really plan my content ahead of time and this week it came back to bite me.

Backing up to last Friday, my poor kiddo took a tumble off our bed Friday evening and ended up breaking her collarbone. I spent Monday and Tuesday home with her, plus I left the external hard drive I keep all my blog content on at work, so it was all kind of a wash for posting. Then yesterday was a whirlwind a work - we had a professional photographer on campus to take photos for our fall magazine (my biggest project of the year) so I spent the day shadowing him and making sure all our subjects showed up, etc. Most of the day was spent in the Florida heat (oh, so fun while pregnant), so by the end of the day, all I wanted to do was shower and crash.

So here it is, Thursday, and I'm just getting around to posting for the week. Ugh. Lesson learned, I need to get back to having a backlog of photos - especially since I highly doubt I'll be taking a bunch of outfit photos right after the baby is born - hello sweatpants and greasy hair - and for situations like this week when I have more important things going on than to take outfit photos. It's always good to have a backup plan. And remember to take your hard drive home. :) Oh, well, live and learn.

seersucker midi skirt and navy tee 6
shirt: GAP maternity (exact, similar non-maternity)  |  skirt: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  sandals: Target (similar)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (cute alternative)  |  watch: Michael Kors (exact)  |  bracelet: Moorea Seal (similar)

seersucker midi skirt and navy tee 4 seersucker midi skirt and navy tee 7

Today makes 25 weeks pregnant, and time for this week's bump update. Baby boy is approximately 13 1/2 inches and the size of a rutabaga. He's positioned himself right on my bladder, which isn't the most fun - think multiple trips to the bathroom - but other than that, I'm still feeling well, if slightly more awkward. I've been thinking about his nursery, and have an inspiration post in the works. I've also started knitting his baby blanket. (I knit his big sister one, so I wanted to keep of the tradition.)

seersucker midi skirt and navy tee 1 seersucker midi skirt and navy tee 2 seersucker midi skirt and navy tee 3

//  Sharing on Fabulous Friday.   //

8 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I am sorry about your little girl and hope she is doing better! I sometimes go a while without posting but that's when things are good and nothing to post about lol. This week I am posting random pictures that are favorite memories of me post transplant that will lead up to Sunday which is my transplant anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's doing a lot better. Still in some pain, but healing. Congrats on the transplant anniversary!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes things happen and real life is more important than blogging. Hope your little girl heals quickly. I am in love with that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so true. Blogging is a hobby, not a my job, so it's good to remember it's okay if it goes to the back burner once and awhile. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm wincing at the thought of a collar bone break. That's no fun at all! Hope she's healing quickly. As far as your outfit, so cute! I love that skirt with those sandals. ;) Thank you for linking up with the Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's doing a lot better, the doctor said it will take about four weeks for her to make a full recover, so we're about halfway there!

      Delete
  4. Well this is completely adorable - and you don't look at all like you had a super crazy week :) Sorry to hear about the little one and the collarbone break - poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured if I'm only going to do one outfit post, I might as well make it a decent one. :) She's doing a lot better, thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete