Tuesday, May 2, 2017

white maternity jeans

blue stripe pintuck popover, white jeans and strappy sandals_4

Since being pregnant during the spring/summer is going to be a challenge clothing-wise, I wanted to find a few items that would transition from spring to summer and still have a fresh, summery look. I found these white demi panel maternity jeans 40% off at GAP and thought they would make a nice addition to my maternity closet - which at this point mainly consists of oversized dresses, stretchy shirts and ponte pants/leggings.

I paired my new white jeans with an also new pretty striped pintuck popover, my standard gold watch, pearl bracelets and white tassel necklace, which, I know, I pretty much wear every.single.day. While this is a maternity shirt, one of the online reviewers said they're not pregnant and wearing it as a non-maternity shirt, so I think it should *hopefully* transition from now, to later pregnancy, to post baby.

Both jeans and shirt should provide more wardrobe options in the coming months. I'm foreseeing these white jeans with all my ruched shirts (I currently have blush, navy and black), and this shirt would look good with darker jeans, colored bottoms, even shorts (though I haven't broken down and bought maternity shorts yet...though I'm considering these scallop ones). Though, let's be honest, I'll probably mostly rock big tent dresses all summer long...because so comfy... :)

blue stripe pintuck popover, white jeans and strappy sandals_6
top: GAP maternity (exact)  |  jeans: GAP maternity (exact)  |  sandals: Loft (nearly identical)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (similar)  |  watch: Fossil (similar)  |  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact three pearl)

blue stripe pintuck popover, white jeans and strappy sandals_5
My apologies for the not to so fabulous hair. I'm kinda of embarrassed at how straggly it looks in these photos. I just had it done this weekend (after taking these photos) and can't wait to show ya'll my fresh do - hooray for no more roots!

blue stripe pintuck popover, white jeans and strappy sandals_1 blue stripe pintuck popover, white jeans and strappy sandals_2 blue stripe pintuck popover, white jeans and strappy sandals_7 blue stripe pintuck popover, white jeans and strappy sandals_3

//  Sharing on What I Wore.   //

6 comments:

  1. I *almost* bought these same jeans, but with spring still not TOTALLY here yet in Seattle, I figured I can make it without buying any truly springy maternity clothes. But for your timeline, I think these are a no-brainer - they are super cute and I'm sure you'll get A TON of wear out of them throughout this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they'll work great as well, as long as I can keep them stain-free. My second wear I got pizza grease all over them. Thankfully, several treatments with an Oxy-stick and washes later they seem to have survived the ordeal. :)

      Delete
  2. White jeans are such a wardrobe staple for me in the summer months; I think you'll be able to wear these a ton! Love the way you styled them here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Summer in Florida is definitely shorts weather, but I think I'll still get some good use out of these white jeans in the coming months. :)

      Delete
  3. You look fab - blue and white is such a favorite combo. I think the white maternity jeans is an excellent choice as I wouldn't be able to live without mine for that long... And I'm kind of sad that this top is maternity because I have been wanting one just like it and was hoping you would have just taken the work out of hunting one down for me :) Guess I'll have to do a little looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cute top, I kinda wish there was a non-maternity version myself for after baby. Good luck in your search!

      Delete