Sunday, May 14, 2017

thoughts and whatnots 5.14.17

5.13.17 thoughts and whatnots
black and white stripes:  one  |  two  |  three

blog love

on teal and polka dots:

favorite sales:

  • 40% off at Ann Taylor with code FORYOU
  • 40% off at GAP with code MOM
    • This white drapey eyelet tank could be dressed up for work with a blazer or down for the weekend with shorts. 
    • This dusty pink drapey wrap midi skirt is just so dang feminine and pretty. I could see wearing it as a wedding with a lace top, for work with a pair of heels and on the weekend with strappy sandals and a tee. 
    • This navy open-front cardigan looks so cozy and would look perfect with a pair of white jeans!
  • 20% off everything at Urban Outfitters for UO Rewards members (sign up required)
    • In addition to having a bunch of stuff on sale, UO also has an additional 20% if you sign up for UO Rewards (or are already a member). My splurge is the Adeline storage sleeper sofa - in teal - that's going to go perfectly in my office/craft room/guest room. It was already on sale, and thanks to the additional 20% off, I saved almost $300 off the original price!
    • My other picks are this pretty open-weave ivory cardigan and
    • these black and white multi-strap slide sandals

whatnots:
  • what I'm reading: I started reading a preview of "Honeymoon Hotel" by Hester Browne while at Friday's OBGYN appointment. 
  • what I'm watching: The Princess Bride - never gets old...
  • what I'm crushing on: I'm kind of obsessed with the idea of a pretty vase filled with either cotton stems or magnolia branches on the entryway table (that I don't yet have) under my Pier 1 mirror - if I can get a mirror that doesn't arrive broken. Seriously, what a mess that's been. The first mirror arrived shattered and completely broken in half. The replacement mirror suffered the same fate. Customer Service recommended ordering the mirror into my local Pier 1 store instead of to my house just in case UPS was breaking it. But as of Thursday, it was completely out of stock online. So I went into our local Pier 1 to see if another store had it and could have it sent to their store, but they said it was completely sold out, no longer being made and too expensive to ship from another store. Then Friday I check online and it's back in stock and available to deliver. Ugh. So is it three times a charm and reorder again? I do really love the mirror and have my heart set on it... but maybe the universe is trying to tell me something...
  • what I'm looking forward to: getting some projects done around the house. We just bought paint (in Benjamin Moore Coventry Gray) for the living room - bye bye beige walls - I'm excited to see the transformation.
  • Happy Mother's Day to all the momma's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment