Thursday, May 18, 2017

not groundbreaking

polka dot tee, navy maternity pencil pants, tan cardi 2

The earlier this week I noticed a few blog's traffic views coming from a reddit thread. Curious, I tracked it down and basically someone asked for recommendations for "average-to-chubby" size fashion bloggers and my blog was mentioned - in conjunction with Work Clothes I Suppose - which was super exciting because I love her blog. The part that gave me pause was when the recommendee said that my blog "wasn't groundbreaking." Well, dang, was she saying I'm bland? And then I realized, she's right ... I'm not the most exciting dresser, and that's okay. There's no wild fashion choices to be found here, no cutting-edge photos, it's just an average blog with an average - okay more chubby-sized girl - and that's the way I like it. 'Cause that's me, perfectly, shamelessly vanilla. :) She goes on to say that she "takes inspiration from them for my non-groundbreaking life." Which, let's be honest, is pretty awesome. So if you're reading this, many thanks reddit user for the blog love!

Plus, thanks to that thread, I discovered Frocks and Frou Frou and she's fantastic! Lilli has seriously the most adorable style with great little custom touches - like a hand embroidered collar or a DIY dress.

polka dot tee, navy maternity pencil pants, tan cardi 6
cardigan: Lucky Brand (exact)   |  shirt: J. Crew (similar) last worn here  |  pants: J. Crew (exact maternity, exact non-maternity) last worn here  |  sandals: Target (cute alternative) |  necklace: Target (similar)  |  watch: Michael Kors (exact)  |  earrings: Loft


polka dot tee, navy maternity pencil pants, tan cardi 5 polka dot tee, navy maternity pencil pants, tan cardi 4

Since today makes 19 weeks - almost halfway there! - here's a baby boy update: Since I'll (barely) be 35 by the time the baby is born, my husband went with me for a high-risk ultrasound on Tuesday. Everything went perfectly. He's 10 oz. about the size of a heirloom tomato and healthy as can be. Everything is right on track and I'm getting more and more excited about seeing this little guy in October.

polka dot tee, navy maternity pencil pants, tan cardi 7 polka dot tee, navy maternity pencil pants, tan cardi 1 polka dot tee, navy maternity pencil pants, tan cardi 3

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes bland is a good thing! This is me, I am mostly into t-shirts but if I dress nice, it's simple, maybe some bling with jewelry but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes simple is just easiest, and definitely easier not to mess up. :)

      Delete
  2. Bland or vanilla? Who cares! You are radiating, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call "not groundbreaking" a compliment, and not just because I also think the same words would be applied to my style posts :) I do think it so fabulous to have real people in real clothes to follow. I've stopped looking at some of the blogs I originally followed, actually, because the style is so not practical to my real life. And usually I'm happy wearing my same couple of uniforms over and over, but looking at these "high" style ones starts to make me dissatisfied. You and I are on the same style wavelength for our everyday working mom lives, and I love that!

    And always so fun to get a peek at the little nugget, isn't it? Glad to hear he's doing great in there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take it as a compliment. :) Sometimes it's good not to be too out there.

      The little nugget is doing really great. Can't believe this week marks the halfway point!

      Delete
  4. My style is also pretty bland - I like solid, neutral colors with maybe some fun shoes or jewelry. I can't follow style bloggers who look like they buy a bunch of non-realistic clothes for over-processed pictures only to return the clothes later. I want to see how real people style/wear real clothes while living real lives (that was a lot of real) and you do just that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. That's probably why all my favorite bloggers are the ones posting everyday pictures in their everyday lives. So much more interesting!

      Delete