Tuesday, May 30, 2017

may budget

may budget

May budget: $231.38
second quarter budget: $600 - $180.24 in April - $231.38 in May =  $188.38 remaining

For some odd reason, this was the month to buy all the cardigans. Doubly weird that I did it in May when things are really starting to warm up in Florida. And then there's the fact that I bought duplicates in different colors. idk. Can I chalk it up to pregnancy brain? Or justify it by saying I need them for the overly air conditioned office?

So let's start of with what I bought the most of: cardigans. Both striped cardigans are from GAP Factory's sleep section, which was a little odd to me since I don't anticipate wearing them as sleepwear...lounge wear sure, but not to bed. Any woo, the navy/white stripe is an XL and fits true to size, the white/navy is a L (only because the XL was sold out) and fits just a touch snug in the upper arms. See how I wore the white/navy here. If you're interested in the J. Crew merino cardigans, keep in mind that they run really large. Like one-to-two sizes large. I got the olive in a L (see how I wore it here) and the tan in a M (see how I wore it here).

My favorite two purchase of the month might just be these white maternity jeans and this blue pintuck stripe popover (see how I wore them both here). For reference, the jeans are a 16 and a demi panel - mainly because I find the full panel too hot in warmer weather - and the shirt is an XL.

This floral maxi dress is super pretty and feminine. I got it in an 2XL to accommodate the belly bump and I'm glad I did - not for the bump it turns out - but the boobs. I keep forgetting those suckers grow as well. :) Sadly it's out of stock at the moment, but in case it comes back it's worth noting that this dress is a thicker cotton which might be a bit too warm in a lot of places this summer. See how I wore it here. But I think it'll be perfect post-baby this fall.

Not pictured: the prettiest navy patterned kimono from a boutique near me. See how I wore it here. I'm finding my obsession with kimono's growing along with my belly. They're the perfect lightweight layer - a must in Florida summer - and add a little something to an otherwise boring outfit.


For the past couple of years come tax return time, I've splurged on one more expensive than usual item that I wouldn't normally just purchase for myself - separate from my monthly budget. Last year it was my Kate Spade mint bag and the year before the Clare V. leopard clutch. This year I got a tri-tone Michael Kors watch. Normally $275, thanks to an amazing deal on Amazon, I got mine for $160. Isn't she pretty? I still love my gold Fossil Vintage Muse, but it's nice to have something to mix it up once and awhile.

Last, but not least, yesterday my stepmom bought me two maternity dresses from Target - a purple heathered short sleeve dress (which I'm wearing as I type this) and a black and gray striped tank dress. Both are XXL - I find Target maternity to run a touch small.

Looking toward June, I wouldn't be surprised if a few more kimonos make it into my closet was well as knee-length dresses since my maxis are already getting quite warm. And I'm just not enjoying maternity pants this go around. So dresses it is - at least for now. :)

//  Sharing on Budgeting Bloggers.  //

6 comments:

  1. I love all your finds, but the floral maxi is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it a lot too. I can't wait until it cools down a bit so I can wear it again! :)

      Delete
  2. It's ok to stock up on cardigans, they always come in handy.
    Oh and I like your kimono I am sure you will get a lot of wear out of it or years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit cardigan obsessed, so no surprise I just keep adding more and more to my closet. :) I didn't use to wear a lot of kimonos, but I've been enjoying how cool and lightweight this are - especially in the summer with a big pregnant belly!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, I keep buying the same cardigan in multiple colors, but I definitely can't blame pregnancy brain. I guess I'm going to have to blame my freezing office, lol. I love those two gap ones though....and the J.Crew ones.

    (Coming over from Fran's budgeting link up)

    Dana
    somethinggoodblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a freezing office counts as well. :) That was my excuse before pregnancy brain and I'm sure well be after...

      Delete