Wednesday, May 24, 2017

maternity uniform

navy maternity maxi dress and white and navy striped cardigan 6

Yesterday as I was dropping the kiddo off at daycare I passed another momma wearing the practically the exact.same.outfit as me. Long maxi dress, flowing cardigan, sandals and a baby bump. We were practically outfit sisters. Which got me to thinking - have I discovered the magic maternity uniform? It certainly works for me - a dress soft and comfy enough to be pajamas, a light cardigan for the chilly over-air conditioned office and simple sandals. Perfect.

This dress is actually one of the few maternity items I kept from my last pregnancy - as well as identical ones in olive and coral (I really loved this style of dress during my last pregnancy) so it's fun to be far enough along to wear it again!

navy maternity maxi dress and white and navy striped cardigan 2
dress: GAP maternity (similar, similar non-maternity)  |  cardigan: GAP Outlet (exact in limited sizes, similar)  |  sandals: Target (cute alternative)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (fun similar)  |  watch: Michael Kors (exact)

navy maternity maxi dress and white and navy striped cardigan 4 navy maternity maxi dress and white and navy striped cardigan 3 navy maternity maxi dress and white and navy striped cardigan 1 navy maternity maxi dress and white and navy striped cardigan 5

Since tomorrow makes 20 weeks - goodness can't believe it's already the halfway mark! - here's a little baby bump update: baby boy weights approximately 10 1/2 ounces now, is about 6 1/2 inches long and about the size of a banana. I'm still feeling pretty good and am finally feeling some of my energy come back. I can't tell you how many nights I've passed out around 9 p.m. :) The past few nights I've made it to 10/11 p.m. and haven't felt completely wiped all day, so progress!

navy maternity maxi dress and white and navy striped cardigan 7

// Sharing on The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore. //

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable and looks so comfy...I love those kind of dresses but they are always too long on me. I didn't think I was short but guess so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 5'5" and often struggle with dresses like this being too long as well, so it's not just you!

      Delete
  2. Such a great maternity uniform! I rarely wear maxi dresses because it's really hard to find any that aren't way too long (even petite lengths somehow are too long for me), but when I had a big bump, it helped take care of the length, so I could actually do them during pregnancy. Kind of miss that ;-)

    Love how you paired it with the stripes and necklace though - super comfy and easy, but it really still looks like an outfit with intention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bump definitely helps with the length - mine are actually still a touch too long, but I'm sure that won't be a problem for long as the belly gets bigger and bigger!

      I like it paired with the stripes too - kind of nautical - but fun!

      Delete