Friday, May 12, 2017

last minute mother's day gift guide

last minute mother's day gift guide

If you're anything like me, it's two days before Mother's Day and still haven't finished Mother's Day shopping. We have three mother's to buy for in my family - my mother-in-law, stepmom and mom, so that makes things a little extra challenging. But if you haven't finished your shopping - or even started yet - not to worry, I've come up with a few last minute ideas:
  1. Buy her flowers - okay maybe not the most original idea, but there's nothing wrong with a pretty boutique - I especially love Martha Stewart's idea of fancying up store bought flowers up by wrapping them in parchment paper and twine. Since my stepmom is in Tennessee, I did a version of this by sending her a pretty lilac and tulip bouquet from Pro Flowers
  2. Envelope her in favorite scent - my mom loves anything rose-scented, so this year for Mother's Day I ordered a bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn's Evelyn Rose Eau de Parfum through Amazon Prime - thank goodness for two-day shipping!
  3. Keep her caffeinated - I know caffeine is my lifeblood - so how cute would a little basket be with this adorable "Mom Fuel" coffee mug, a few bags of her favorite brew, some biscotti and chocolate covered coffee beans? Add a bow and call it a day. 
  4. Make her something - if you love to craft, and have a few hours to spare, whip her up something unique - like this paper tulip bouquet with dove chocolate. I know my mother-in-law would love something like this!
  5. Pamper her (in a jar) - everything is better in a mason jar, am I right? Especially when you stuff a jar full of her favorite goodies - nail polish, lip stain, sleep mask - see the breakdown plus a free printout over at Classy Clutter
Last, but not least, don't forget a card

2 comments:

  1. I would be very happy to receive some tulips...chocolate or real! I actually thought those were real at first. I think I'm definitely going to have to make them next year for our Tulip Time festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet husband surprised me with tulips for Mother's Day, which was great since they don't grow down here. I'm super jealous of your tulip festival, it sounds lovely!

      Delete