If you're anything like me, it's two days before Mother's Day and still haven't finished Mother's Day shopping. We have three mother's to buy for in my family - my mother-in-law, stepmom and mom, so that makes things a little extra challenging. But if you haven't finished your shopping - or even started yet - not to worry, I've come up with a few last minute ideas:
- Buy her flowers - okay maybe not the most original idea, but there's nothing wrong with a pretty boutique - I especially love Martha Stewart's idea of fancying up store bought flowers up by wrapping them in parchment paper and twine. Since my stepmom is in Tennessee, I did a version of this by sending her a pretty lilac and tulip bouquet from Pro Flowers.
- Envelope her in favorite scent - my mom loves anything rose-scented, so this year for Mother's Day I ordered a bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn's Evelyn Rose Eau de Parfum through Amazon Prime - thank goodness for two-day shipping!
- Keep her caffeinated - I know caffeine is my lifeblood - so how cute would a little basket be with this adorable "Mom Fuel" coffee mug, a few bags of her favorite brew, some biscotti and chocolate covered coffee beans? Add a bow and call it a day.
- Make her something - if you love to craft, and have a few hours to spare, whip her up something unique - like this paper tulip bouquet with dove chocolate. I know my mother-in-law would love something like this!
- Pamper her (in a jar) - everything is better in a mason jar, am I right? Especially when you stuff a jar full of her favorite goodies - nail polish, lip stain, sleep mask - see the breakdown plus a free printout over at Classy Clutter.
Last, but not least, don't forget a card!