Wednesday, May 31, 2017

happy birthday sweet pea

aubrey 1

My sweet baby girl turned 3 today - seriously how the time has flown. So, in honor of her birthday - here's a quick kiddo update:
  • Favorite color: purple - pronounced "purpur."
  • Favorite pattern: polka dots - pronounced "polka nots."
  • Favorite person: Daddy, closely followed by Papa. :)
  • Birthday wish: a puppy (sadly, we'll be holding out on that one for now).
  • Favorite activity: anything outside, especially if there's bubbles, and bath time. I swear that kid's part fish!
  • Favorite expression: "Oh, no momma! Oh, no!" (Usually because I've dropped something. :))
  • Favorite TV show: Sofia the First, though Backyardigans is quickly becoming her new obsession.
  • Favorite food: peanut butter and jelly and cupcakes - to which she says "Happy Birthday" every time she see's one. Cupcakes are a birthday standard at daycare.
  • Favorite piece of clothing: pretty much any dress or ruffly skirt. Tutu skirts are a big win in her book. 
  • Big recent accomplishment: potty training! 
  • Dislikes: Having to come inside, almost all vegetables (unless we disguise them).

aubrey 3

I feel like she's changed and grown so much in the past year! Talking in complete sentences and telling stories, she loves to help out and is interested in everything. She loves to take things apart and figure out how they go back together (no toy is safe) and I jokingly say she's going to be an engineer like her Papa. She's a bit of a tomboy - fearless, into everything - but also a girly girl who loves dresses and sparkly necklaces. She's stubborn as can be but also so sweet - she seriously gives the best hugs. An extremely picky eater, but loves green olives of all things. Super good about saying "please" and "thank you" and loves to be silly - she has the best belly laugh.

aubrey 5 aubrey 2 aubrey 4 aubrey 6

Happy birthday sweet girl! Looking forward to celebrating you and watching you grow!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, so sweet! I love this list of favorites - and how fun will it be to look back on that in another year. They really do change a lot in one year, but the leap from 2 to 3 feels pretty amazing, doesn't it? I mean, I thought Hendrik was so old at 2, but now at 3.5 when I look back I realize he was still such a baby then! Hope you all have a lovely time celebrating.

    p.s. can't wait for the launch of her blog "Purpur and Polka Nots" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess your posts you do with Hendrik inspired me on this post. I absolutely love reading them! And there really is such a difference between two and three, sometimes I can't just get over how quickly she's growing.

      Kiddo definitely takes after her momma - I definitely approve for her color and pattern choices. :)

      Delete