Tuesday, May 16, 2017

floral maxi dress

navy floral maxi dress 5

I must have a thing for floral maxi dresses, because without quite realizing I'd done it, I bought a dress very similar to this wrap maxi dress I wore almost exactly a year ago. In fact, to make things worse...I don't exactly remember ordering this dress. It arrived on my doorstep and a had one of those huh? moments. I went back through my emails, and sure enough I ordered this frock during one of my 3 a.m. insomnia sessions (thanks pregnancy for that one...) But whether I meant to order it or not, I was happy with my surprise package! If you're interested, this dress is non-maternity, but has plenty/stretch elastic, hence why I'm able to get away with wearing it now...plus it'll be nice to wear post baby. Win-win! Guess my sleep deprived self knew what it was doing.

For Mother's Day, my sweet husband took my daughter and me to brunch at The Bay - our wedding venue turned restaurant. Afterwards we went to Eden Gardens, which is really the prettiest place with lots of moss-draped oaks and a gorgeous antebellum home. I convinced my husband o take a few photos on one of the garden paths, so that's how these photos came to be.

navy floral maxi dress 6
dress: JourneyFive via Groopdealz (exact. similar plus)  |  sandals: J. Crew Factory (similar)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Michael Kors (exact)  |  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl, similar aqua)  |  earrings: Reeds (similar)

navy floral maxi dress 3 navy floral maxi dress 4 navy floral maxi dress 1

Seriously, isn't she the cutest? She wanted to be a part of photos, so here she is, per her request. :)

navy floral maxi dress 2 navy floral maxi dress 7

// Sharing on What I Wore. //

4 comments:

  1. This floral print is so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! the color and the print size is perfect, and you look like you're glowing.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much! The glow could just be a slight "sheen" - okay sweat - from the Florida heat, but I'll take it. :)

      Delete