Friday, April 28, 2017

april budget

april budget

April budget: $180.24
second quarter budget: $600 - $180.24 in April = $419.76 remaining

It's the beginning of a new quarterly budget and I'm happy to say (for at least this month) I'm under budget...which let's be honest doesn't happen all that often. :) In keeping within the theme of last month's budget finds, this month has lots of pink, navy and creams...which I didn't even realize I'd done again until I put this post together. 

I added a few more maternity-friendly items to my closet this month, including two maternity v-neck ruched tees, two oversized maxi dresses (see how I wore the pink one here) and a second pair of maternity pixie pants. For reference, the tees are an XL, the dresses a L and the pixie pants a 16. The dresses might just be my favorite items this month. They aren't maternity, but have so much extra room that there's plenty of room to grow, or if you're not pregnant just to be loose and comfortable. 

Also included in this month's budget is this cream utility blouse that I actually bought in March but forgot to include in last month's budget and a boyfriend cardigan to replace my beloved light tan cardigan I accidentally shrank in the wash. I'm still mourning that cardi. For reference both the shirt and cardigan are XLs.

I apologize for not having many photos of my purchases this month. I haven't been taking many outfit photos lately, mainly because my photographer (husband) has been under the weather and quite honestly a lot of days I just haven't felt like messing with it. That's what pregnancy, a high dose of humidity, and higher than normal temps will do to you. I'm going to do my best to get some more outfit posts out there, because I feel like I've been slacking!

I already have two items that will be on next month's budget - which arrived yesterday, I promptly wore today, but didn't include since I didn't want to completely redo this post - a pair of white maternity jeans - so comfy - and a maternity pintuck stripe popover. (See a sneak peak of them both here.) Looking ahead, I unfortunately am going to have buy a maternity swimsuit, which I lucked out and didn't need my last pregnancy since I was pregnant in the fall/winter/spring last go around. Suggestions on where to find a reasonably priced decent looking suit? Am I the only one that despises swimsuit shopping? 

//  Sharing on Budgeting Bloggers.  //

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the swimsuit shopping! I was lucky to be able to stick with my regular brand and just size up to get a bikini that fitted in pregnancy, saved me a lot of stress trying things on!

    I really do like those maxi dresses you got too - great price! Although my pregnancy days are behind me I'll always love loose oversized clothes! :)

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :) Don't feel bad about not getting outfit pictures - especially while pregnant, growing a human is hard work!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly my bikini days are far behind me, but there's a lot of cute options online, so I'm sure I'll find something. :)

      Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!

      Delete