Sunday, March 12, 2017

thoughts and whatnots 3.12.17

stripe dresses, cardis and boots:  one  |  two  |  three

blog love:



on teal and polka dots:
  • on the blog: Ever want to know what the place the I call home looks like? Check out the first installment of my home tour mini series. Also, I'm not always great about getting outfit photos, so you can see a few of my recent Instagram looks here
  • on instagram: Busting out an oldie, but a goodie, embroidered top for our spring-like Florida weather!
  • on pinterest: Has anyone attempted to spray paint their doorknobs? I'm tempted to try this pin to see if we can give the worn out knobs in our new home new life without having to fork out $$ for brand new ones...
  • coming up: A few outfit posts for sure and Friday will feature the living room edition of my mini house tour (spoiler alert: it's my favorite room).

favorite sales:


whatnots:
  • what I'm watching: Still watching reruns of The Office on Netflix and occasionally mixing it up with a Bob Ross or two. We did watch Moana this week, and while I I liked it, I really did, I wasn't really one of my favorite Disney animated movies. Maybe I need to give it another chance? 
  • what I'm crushing on: All the free-flowing, feminine tops from Target's Knox Rose line. I recently picked up this floral v-neck sleeveless blouse and this cream lace scallop hem blouse, but I'd love to add this black short sleeve lace yoke top and this gorgeous coral 3/4 sleeve blouse to my closet
  • what I'm looking forward to: It's Spring Break in north Florida and my current neighborhood allows short-term rentals, so it's been eight springs of loud music, scooters buzzing through the neighborhood and all other kinds of shenanigans. I'm kinda of excited that this is last time we'll have to deal with all that since our new neighborhood doesn't allow short-term rentals which means no Spring Breakers! I have no problem with the kids who come down here, I'm just not a fan of the noise at 3 a.m. that consistently wakes up our toddler. What can I say, momma likes her sleep. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like your stripey dress. Nothing as versatile as a cute, striped dress! It looks great with the mustard cardigan.
    -Nout
    sandpaperkissesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love mustard paired with black and white stripes, such a great combo. :)

      Delete
  2. The wedding cocktail chat was the most fun one I've done yet :) YES to Target shoe dupes! Big NO to spring breakers... but I am an old lady, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring Break isn't my favorite. When I first moved here, a friend of mine and I found a low key bar on the strip and just watched all the crazy. Cars at a standstill, people everywhere, lot's of alcohol. Several laws have been passed to limit the craziness in the past couple of years, so Spring Break has toned down, but I'm still not going to miss being in the middle of it!

      Delete