Friday, March 31, 2017

march budget


March budget: $219.87
first quarter budget: $600 - $234.09 in January - $186.55 in February + $43.95 in clothing sales - $219.87 in March = $596.56
$3.44 under for the first quarter

I don't know about you guys, but the end of March just snuck up on me! So, since it's the last day of the month, I give you my March finds. Looking back at my budget posts, I often unintentionally have a color theme for the month or all my purchases go together, and this month is no exception with blush, neutrals and pops of navy.

My favorite purchase of the month is this off-white dotted midi skirt from J. Crew. It's going to be a lot of fun to style this summer and is nice and lightweight, perfect for the hot Florida days ahead. For reference, it's a 16 and it fits true to size.

I was apparently feeling the light and flowing with this floral print blouse and lace peplum top (see how I wore it here) from Target. Both are an XXL and the floral print has lots of extra fabric, but the peplum fits more true to size. Keeping with the relaxed style, I also snagged this pretty navy lace embroidered kimono from PinkBlush (see how I wore it here). While it's from the maternity section, it fits like a regular kimono, not maternity. Mine's a 1X and if you're interested, there's 15% off today with code YESPLEASE.

The long blush cardigan (see how I wore it here) was a replacement for a similar, lighter pink but very worn out cardigan. It's an 1X, and a little thicker than I was expecting, so I might not get much use of of it this spring/summer, but it'll still get lots of use in the cooler months.

Last but not least, is the tri-tone Fossil watch I got for a steal from 6pm.com. I love that it goes with all the metals - rose gold, silver and gold - and is a little daintier than my beloved gold Fossil I wear almost constantly. One day I'd LOVE to have something like this Michael Kors watch, but the price point for the Fossil was too good to pass up and it's a lovely watch at a decent price point. :)

How did you do this month? Let me know in the comments below.

//  Sharing with Budgeting Bloggers.  //

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too. Sadly, it's packed in a box somewhere at the moment due to the move. I need get my boxes unpacked and my closet in order so I can wear it!

      Delete
  2. I end up having color schemes each month, too! I'm not sure how that happens, but it always seems to!

    I just adore that skirt! It's going to look so cute on you!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one with the color schemes. :) Maybe each season makes certain colors more appealing...or something like that...

      Delete