Monday, February 6, 2017

winter conference packing list

Out of town work trips can present a bit of a challenge since a mix of business wear (for conferences) and casual outfits (for the long car ride and after-hour functions) is required. While my Nashville work conference ins only four days, the fluctuating weather and variety of aforementioned outfit requirements means I needed to pack a simply as possible to be able to fit everything into a small rolling suitcase

stripe belted cardigan (exact)  |  tan boyfriend cardigan (exact)  |  tipped blazer (almost identical)  |  skinny jeans (exact)  |  navy dress pants (exact)  |  crossover bag (exact)  |  lace top (exact)  |  stripe top (exact)  |  green pullover (exact)  |  stripe dress (exact)  |  dotted scarf (similar)  |  tassel necklace: (exact)  |  blue ruffle popover (exact)  |  bow flats (exact)  |  teal flats (similar)
 
Just like last year's list, I have 10 items (not including accessories) to mix and match. Below are seven outfit combinations, but I could easily see adding a few more - like the lace top with the tan cardigan and jeans or the green sweater over blue ruffle popover paired with dress pants - as alternative looks. Or -inspired by this look from J. Crew Factory - the blue ruffled popover under the stripe dress. Because, I know myself, and sometimes I like to mix things up from what I've originally planned. :)


Since it's supposed to rain pretty much the whole time we're there, I added my favorite polka dot umbrella to stay dry and my new funnel coat to stay toasty warm at night.

Shop the post:

8 comments:

  1. This is incredible!! I struggle so much with remixing in this way for work trips - or rather, I don't think it out with such detail and then end up overpacking!! Pinning this for future inspiration for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit of an over packer myself. :) I originally started these lists to help me from throwing EVERYTHING into my suitcase!

      Delete
  2. Can't go wrong with a lot of stripes! Love the lace top too. It's amazing what 10 items can do - and always nice when it makes way more outfits than you actually need, so you have options - without overpacking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely ended up changing things a bit from what I originally intended, but that's the beauty of mixing and matching - lots of outfit possibilities. :)

      Delete
  3. These types of mix and match packing list posts are my favorites! Between you and Anne I should never have to stress about packing for a trip again! I love the stripes + dots mix you have going on here!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! Anne really does the best packing lists! Always love reading her posts. :)

      Delete
  4. Super cute outfit! I love that you can mix and match!

    ReplyDelete