Monday, February 27, 2017

monday musings: weeks 7 & 8


You guys, I apologize for not being consistent on Monday Musings. The husband and I have been cramming our weekends full of house preparations, and since I like to try to do my posts the day beforehand, I haven't had time to prep my Monday posts. Bad blogger Erin. Anyway, that just means another catch up week with two questions. :) For those of you who are new to this space, Monday Musings it's a "get to know you" style Q&A. I invite you to join in since I love learning about you as well!


Q1: Where are you from and do you still live in your home state?

A1: I joke that I'm working my way through the south state by state. I was born in Louisville, KY but my dad was transfered to Chattanooga, TN when I was in the seventh grade. While Kentucky is my birth state, Tennessee will always be home. Probably because it's where I spent most of my formative years and my family still lives there. I moved Cleveland, TN for college then spent a year in Wilson, NC and Greensboro, NC after graduation. I moved to Florida 10 years ago for a variety of reasons - but mostly live closer to my mom who I didn't grow up with - ended up meeting my husband here and the rest is history. I consider myself a displaced Tennessee girl living in Florida. :)

mascara for days:  one  |  two  |  three

Q2: What's your one can't live without it makeup product?

A1: That's easy, mascara! I have naturally light eyelashes and look, well, kind of dead without a few (okay at least 10) swipes of mascara. I use Subversion Lash Primer on my top and bottom lashes, followed by IT Cosmetic's Superhero Mascara (Too Faced Better than Sex is another favorite) on the top lashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on the bottom lashes.

It's your turn! Where are you from (and are you still living there) and what's your go-to makeup product?

4 comments:

  1. i was born in philadelphia, and have lived in the vicinity and surrounding counties my whole life. we moved somewhat often, but never out of the area. oh man, mascara for me, too. i am still looking for "the one". i thought it might be the too faced one, but i'm not in love with it. honestly, i got more compliments on my eyes when i used drugstore mascara, and layered a lengthening with a thickening.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding mascara is seriously the worst. I like IT Cosmetic's Superhero Mascara, but I'm still looking for "the one." I've never been to Philadelphia, but it seems like such a cool city! Definitely on my bucket list of places to visit!

      Delete
  2. I think there's no need to apologize...but I do love these!

    I feel like I've come full circle in where I've lived - born in west Michigan, then lived near Detroit for about 9 years, finished my growing up years back in west Michigan, and then gradually moved farther away from home (2 towns in MI, one in Ohio) before coming back to the home town...where I started dating my husband, etc. :)

    And I might possibly be able to live without makeup in general - I do wear it every day, but that didn't start until a few years ago! - but perhaps I would have to say some sort of blush/bronzer at the moment because that's what I need for my pasty winter skin to actually look alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...jealous about going makeup free. I'll go bare faced when I'm bumming around the house on the weekends, but if I'm going to be in public I swipe on some concealer, mascara, blush and power. Maybe it's a southern thing? I've always been told not to go out of the house without your face on because you'll never know who you're going to run into, which is downright silly when you think about it. :)

      Every time I visit Michigan I love it more, especially the Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids area. I told my husband we should reverse retire up there, but I don't think he's quite sold on it. :)

      Delete