Thursday, January 12, 2017

pin to present: knitted pom pom hat

knit beanie pin to present
image source: michaels.com

I love to knit, especially quick easy projects like this knitted hat. I didn't have a plan to make this beanie, but whenever I go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby I'm compelled to browse the yarn aisles - whether I'm working on something or not - just to see what fun yarn and free patterns are available. I stumbled upon this free take one knitted hat pattern and decided to run with it (pattern available online here). As you can see, it's not exactly like the original, since I made some modifications, but I love how it turned out!

pin to present knit beanie 1 Instead of using the suggested yarn, I used one skein each of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in hudson bay (variegated yarn) and fisherman (cream). Since it is a bulkier weight than the suggested yarn, I went down to a size 11 needle instead of the suggested 13.

After that hat was all knitted up, I felt like still needed something, so added a fun pom pom made with a Clover Pom Pom Maker. Seriously if you haven't tried it, it's super simple and fun to make (though the instructions on the package were confusing, if found this step-by-step tutorial super helpful - what can I say, I'm a visual learner :)).

pin to present knit beanie 3
This hat was pretty quick to make. I forgot to time it, but I managed to finished it in two evenings between toddler chasing.

pin to present knit beanie 4
outfit details: hat (patterned here, adorable alternative)  /  sweater: Loft (similar)  /  chambray: Loft (similar)  /  pants: Loft (exact)  /  shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)  /  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact three pearl, exact six pearl)


pin to present knit beanie 2 via instagram

Now if it was only cold enough to wear it ! Hopefully I'll get my chance in Nashville this February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment