Thursday, January 19, 2017

not quite business casual

when: last Thursday  |  where: work  |  weather: 73 and sunny

I'm super fortunate in the fact that I can wear jeans to work. Though with the exclusions of Fridays, most days I opt to dress up a bit more with dark pants, dress, or a skirt, especially if I'm going into meetings or know I'll be interacting with the community. But last Thursday I knew I was going to be hidden away at my desk for most the day, and the lure of jeans was too strong. So it was jeans Thursday instead of jeans Friday - though let's be real, it's ALWAYS jeans Friday.

I say this not quite business casual, because in my option, jeans are never part of business attire (unless your lucky and work in a more relaxed professional environment like I do). So to make this outfit a touch more office appropriate, I added a colorful blazer and dressier flats.

It's business up top and a party on the bottom. :)

blazer: J. Crew Factory (similar)  |  shirt: GAP Factory (similar)  last worn here  |  jeans: American Eagle (exact) last worn here  |  shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact) last worn here  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (same design with a different stone)  |  watch: Target (similar)  bracelet: Loft (similar)  |  earrings: Fossil (similar)


//  Sharing on Fabulous Friday.  //

8 comments:

  1. I'm always a fan of a fancy/casual situation in an outfit. And of a blazer + stripes. And of bows on flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, it's like an outfit mullet - business up front (or up top in this case) and a party in the back (bottom)!

      Delete
  2. I love the mixing of jeans & blazers to make jeans more work-ready, and I especially love the shade of this blue blazer with those jeans!! I'm usually a jeans-on-Friday gal if I'm in the office, although sometimes if I'm meeting with customers I have to be dressy ALL WEEK LONG :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you on that one. If I have a business meeting or meeting with someone in the community, it's dress up clothes even if it is a Friday. :(

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love that blazer with the striped shirt! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blue blazer and it just really pops against the stripes! I love wearing blazers and jeans together on casual Fridays so this really caught my eye. Thanks so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the bold color with the stripes as well. I always love linking up, thanks so much for hosting. :)

      Delete