Monday, January 30, 2017

january budget


January budget: $234.09
first quarter budget: $600 - $234.09 in January = $365.91 remaining

A new year, a new quarterly budget! I was a wee bit spendy this month, but I'm happy with all of my purchases so I don't even feel all that guilty about it. I've been wearing this GAP Factory stripe tee non-stop (see how I wore it here) - it's so soft it feels like pajamas! It's available online in very limited sizes, but if you live near a factory store, it's worth a look to see if you can find it. I got mine in a L, since an XL was no longer available, though I wish it was just a touch bigger for a more oversized look.

I apparently was all about the shoes this month with a pair of pumps, loafers AND sandals. As I'm getting older, finding comfy and cute shoes is a must. I love both of these shoes from Aerosoles, but pumps (see how I wore them here) have that perfect vintage vibe and the coral loafers are just so dang fun. The sandals were an impulse purchase while playing tourist a few weeks back. The husband went into one of the beach shops to find a new pair of swim shorts and I decided to grab these sandals as well. Living in Florida, impulse or not, I know they'll get plenty of wear. For reference, the pumps are an 8.5 and the loafers and sandals a size 9.

And then there was Loft. They're pretty clothes and great sales get me every time. Last January, I purchased a lovely wool dress coat - which I still love - but it's a little much for Florida winters, so I wanted to find something a little shorter and more casual for our colder days. I'm obsessed with this Loft funnel neck coat, it looks so much better in real-life than it does online and for $75 it's a great deal for a really decent coat. I wore it in Michigan last week and it was perfect for the cold weather and still fit in my carry-on bag. During their last 50% off sale, I also snagged this striped belted cardigan (that looks way better in real-life), this light blue ruffled popover (see how I wore them both here) and this gorgeous cream lace 3/4 sleeve top (see how I wore it here). All three are an XL and fit true to size.

Looking forward, there's nothing particular I'm in search of for my closet, but I'm sure I'll find a few somethings. :)

//  Sharing on Franish for Budgeting Bloggers.  //

10 comments:

  1. Oh I really like that striped cardigan, what a lovely piece! :) I'm always on the look out for the perfect striped cardi or blazer, haven't found it yet! That lace top is beautiful too.


    Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mica. I'm such a sucker for stripes, I couldn't pass this cardigan up! Enjoy your week. :)

      Delete
  2. That coat is absolutely gorgeous! It's so chic!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it should remain a winter closet staple for years to come. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love that coat! Ivory is so gorgeous but I've always shied away from it because I tend to be spill-prone, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too. If something can be spilled, I will spill it...combined with sticking toddler fingers...hopefully that won't spell disaster for my pretty coat!

      Delete
  4. Ooooo. I have been wondering about that Loft striped cardigan! Glad to see it get a good review!

    Katie @ Style On Target
    http://styleontarget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do like it better in real-life. Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks a bit like a housecoat on the model. :/

      Delete
  5. I have the same coat, and I wear it all the time! Definitely one of my favorite purchases. That ruffle shirt is so cute too, I might need to make it mine during the next big sale at Loft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo you should. I'm glad Loft has pretty frequent sales. Good for my closet and less damage to my wallet!

      Delete