Saturday, December 31, 2016

december budget


  1. Sam Edelman Franics flats: $120, on sale for $89.90
  2. Bourbon and Boweties pearl bracelet: $34
  3. Loft diamond utility blouse: $59.50, on sale for $35
  4. J. Crew Factory plaid ruffle shirt: $74.50, on sale for $29.60
  5. J. Crew Factory lace pencil skirt: $95, on sale for $30.40
December budget: $218.90
fourth quarter budget: $600 - $146.75 in October - $233.19 in November - $218.90 in December = 
$1.16 under for the fourth quarter

Though I originally thought I wouldn't have time to do much personal shopping since December was filled with Christmas present shopping, but I still found enough time to score some of my own Merry Christmas to me goodies. But at least a managed to be a whopping whole dollar under budget for the quarter. :)

My favorite purchases this month are these pretty dusty pink scallop flats and pearl wire bracelet. I've been majorly, shamelessly crushing on these Sam Edelman flats them since seeing them on Fran (see a peak of them here). I got mine in a size 9, and thought they are touch bigger than average, but not large enough to justify going down a size. I added a pair of back of heel cushions and now the fit is great! As I mentioned in last month's budget, I also decided to get another pearl Bourbon and Boweties bracelet to create the ultimate pearl stack (see it here). 

I originally bought this pretty black lace pencil skirt and plaid ruffle shirt from J. Crew Factory to wear in Christmas card photos, but the little one refused to have anything to do with them (oh the joys of trying to take your own holiday photos) so we ended up scrapping the family photo and just sent a card full of her cute face. The skirt is a size 16 and the top a size XL. I ended up wearing the shirt quite a bit this holiday season and I know I'll get plenty of work wear of of this skirt, so it wasn't a total purchasing wash. :) The Loft utility blouse is an XL and I think it'll look great with a pair of pencil pants, or layered under a sweater, or paired with a blouse.

What I got as a gift:
I got some truly lovely Christmas gifts this year including a stunning Mariana rose gold bracelet and black lace top from Loft. While window shopping during my husband's and my "day date" yesterday I found the Kendra Scott Kimmy necklace in granite I've bend drooling over for months now, and it was even prettier in real-life! So, my sweet husband bought it for me as a post-Christmas gift.

January will start out a new year a new budgeting quarter. Hard to believe that tomorrow kicks of 2017! Here's a to new year filled with fabulous purchases.

//  Sharing on Franish's Budgeting Bloggers.  //

2 comments:

  1. Oh that lace pencil skirt is beautiful! You got lots of nice things but that's certainly my favourite :)

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and you have a happy new year :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lace skirt is one of my new favorites too. :) Thanks for the holiday wishes, hope you and great Christmas and News Years as well!

      Delete