Wednesday, December 7, 2016

currently


currently I am...

doing: well, more taking, my friends' Christmas family photos. Professional photographer I am not, but it's fun to pretend every once and awhile :)

enjoying: my family and the holidays. Last year we missed out on the holidays as a family since I was in the hospital, so I'm determined to inject as much Christmas spirit as possible into this year.

cooking: Hot cocoa cupcakes. I made them for Thanksgiving and they were delicious, so like a crazy person I plan on making 120+ of these for our corporate holiday party next week...with marshmallow cream frosting.

wrapping: Oh, my gosh, nothing you guys. I haven't bought a single Christmas present yet. But, I'm particularly enamored with the red Sugar Paper gift wrap collection at Target for wrapping my as of yet non-existent gifts.

playing: The Carpenters Christmas Portrait. Don't judge, that's some awesome holiday goodness right there. :) My dad played this album every Christmas season growing up, so it's now a holiday staple in the Chaffin household. 

Sharing with Anne and co-host Kallie for Currently. Each month features a series of prompts that may be interpreted any way you wish.

10 comments:

  1. Oh! I've got to try those cupcakes and frosting! Yummy! But 120? You go, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cupcakes went over well and thankfully didn't take up as much time as I thought it would. I did Christmas cutout cookies last year and it about killed me. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They're so good, I highly recommend making them!

      Delete
  3. The Sugar Paper collection at Target is so gorgeous, I've been trying to control myself everytime I see it! And the hot cocoa cupcakes sound like the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too. I just went by Target yesterday and, sadly, most of the Sugar Paper collection was sold out. I guess that saved me from going wrapping paper nuts this year. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my! Those cupcakes sound delicious! I have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, I forgot about that Christmas hospital stay last year! This year is bound to be way more enjoyable! And absolutely no judging on the Christmas music, as my staple is the Peter Paul & Mary holiday album I grew up listening to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for childhood holiday music favorites! :) Hope you're enjoying the holidays as well!

      Delete