Thursday, November 24, 2016

thankful for...


In honor of Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to share 11 things I am thankful for. Some serious, some silly, without further ado, here's the list:

  1. my loves - my two favorite people in the world: my husband and daughter
  2. coffee - a morning must. I'd take it through an IV drip if I could. :)
  3. freshly painted house - we finally got a fresh coat of paint on the house. Love the way it turned out!
  4. Gilmore Girls - oh my gosh one of my all time favorite shows. Beyond excited to binge watch the "Year in the Life" starting tomorrow.
  5. cozy scarves - the temps are finally starting to drop and it's almost cool enough to wear my beloved scarves.
  6. friends near and far - a shout out to my dear friends, both those who live close and others across the country.
  7. holidays with family - for those of you who don't know, I was in hospital last Christmas and I am beyond thankful that I will be here and able to enjoy the holidays with my family. Love this time of year!
  8. hot cocoa cupcakes - I discovered this hot cocoa cupcake recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl. Oh, my gosh you guys, they're freaking amazing. I whipped up this batch to take to today's Thanksgiving Day feast. Today's humidity meant my whipping cream frosting refused to peak, so I substituted this easy buttercream frosting instead. 
  9. sleep-in Saturdays - my sweet husband takes morning kiddo duty on Saturdays - sleeping-in is sheer bliss!
  10. beach walks - one of the great things about living less than a mile from the beach is getting to see these gorgeous sunsets while strolling along the beach.
  11. good reads - reading is my favorite pastime. Maeve Binchy, Cecelia Ahern and Sarah Addison Allen are some of my absolute favorite authors. 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving full of good food, family and fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment