Monday, November 21, 2016

pleats and dots



Slightly chillier days have been the perfect excuse to breakout some of my lighter sweaters - like this dotted tippi from J. Crew. I decided to paired it with one of my beloved midi skirts in an attempt to transition some of my summer staples into the fall. I retrospect, I think a pair of nude heels would have really made this outfit, buuuuttt I real-life I wore flats, so I wanted to show you exactly how I wore it. :) Keeping it real, ya'll.

Looking forward to a quiet (and short!) work week. As a married couple, we alternate whose house we go to for Thanksgiving, so this year we'll be spending it with my husband's side of the family. Each year, one of his cousins host a huge family reunion. I've noticed several bloggers are showing their Thanksgiving Day outfits, but I've been more focused on what dish to bring. Let's be honest, food is always > than clothes. :) Chances are it'll be jeans and a cardigan - my outfit go-to. Though I may have to switch out the jeggings for my favorite pair of ponte leggings, I'm betting I'll need the extra room for my food baby!

sweater: J. Crew (similarlast worn here
skirt: J. Crew Factory (similarlast worn here
shoes: J. Crew Factory (exactlast worn here
earrings: Mariana (similar)
watch: Target (similar)
bracelet: Kendra Scott (similar)

Had to show a closeup of these Mariana earrings my husband got me for our 5-year wedding anniversary. Aren't they pretty? Sadly, I can't find the this exact pair, but this style with pearls and this pair are pretty darn close! 


//  Sharing on Hello Monday. //

2 comments:

  1. Pleats + polka dots would be another excellent blog theme for you, clearly! I struggle with how to wear skirts like this, but I think this is such a perfect pairing. Perfect anniversary gift too... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I gravitate toward these skirts since it's not uncommon for me to be taking pictures at work - which is just about impossible in a pencil skirt. Midis provide lot more coverage if your going to be rolling around on the ground attempting to get the perfect shot. That being said, I do think they look better with heels, but I prefer the comfort of flats. :)

      Delete