Tuesday, October 11, 2016

mom style remix: jackets

Since it's still all miserably hot in North Florida, today's jacket inspired #momstyleremix features a compilation of past jacket looks. Can it please cool off now, pretty please? :) I've got a serious case of jacket envy.

look #1: layered up
jacket: Old Navy (similar)  |  sweatshirt: Loft (similar)  |  shirt: Loft (similar) |  pants: Loft (similar)  |   boots: Arturo Chiang (exact)  |  clutch: Clare V. (exact)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (same face with a leather band)  |  bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)

Let's jump in with perhaps my favorite look of the bunch - a canvas jacket layered over a striped sweatshirt, dotted top, cozy leggings and riding boots. I originally put this look together for Mom Style Remix: sweatshirts, and I'm still oh.so.patiently waiting (okay, not so patiently waiting) for it to cool off so I can wear it in real life.

look #2: pop of color
jacket: Old Navy (similar)  |  jeans: American Eagle (similar)  |  sweater: J. Crew Factory (similar)  |  scarf: Charming Charlie  |  purse: Coach (current version) |  shoes: Madewell (similar)  |  watch: Fossil (same face with a leather band)  |  bracelet: Moorea Seal (similar)

Another Mom Style Remix throwback, but I'm still a fan of the fun pop of pink in an otherwise neutral look.

look #3: chambray and striped kicks
jacket: Old Navy (similar)  |   chambray: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  tee: Loft (similar)   |   jeans: American Eagle (similar)  |  sneakers: Sperry (exact)  |  bag: Coach (current version)  |   necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (same face with a leather band)  
Originally from Mom Style Remix: sneakers, this look is all about natural, casual layers with a pair of fun, striped sneakers and pops of cognac.

look #4: dressed up
jacket: Old Navy (similar)  |  tee: Target (similar)  |  skirt: Boden (similar)  |  sandals: Target (similar)  |   necklaces: JewelMint (similar pendant) and Anne Emma Jewelry via Etsy (similar teardrop)

Inspired by Merrick, this outfit is all about elevating a basic look. Perfect for work or weekend, the pencil skirt is dressy but the casual jacket and flats help tone down the look.

look #5:simply casual
jacket: Old Navy (similar)  |   shirt: Loft (similar)  |  shorts: Loft (similar)  |   sneakers: Sperry (exact)  |  bag: Sole Society (exact)  |  necklace: Loft (similar)  |  watch: Fossil (same face with a leather band)  

Florida's tricky this time of year since it's still hot during the day, but decidedly chilly at night. Another look from Mom Style Remix: sneakers, this outfit is perfect for warm days with shorts and cool nights with a chic jacket.

look #6: stripes and leopard print
jacket: J. Crew Factory (retail version)  |  shirt: Loft (similar)  |  jeans: The Limited (similar)  |   shoes: Madewell (similar)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)   

I found this jacket last year in store at J. Crew Factory and it's quickly become one of my favorites in my closet. I first wore it on the blog a year ago with black and white stripes, and apparently stuck with a black and white theme...

look #7: a gray sweater
jacket: J. Crew Factory (retail version)  |  sweater: J. Crew Factory (similar)  |  shirt: Loft (similar) |  jeans: Banana Republic (similar)  |    shoes: Madewell (similar)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (same face with a leather band)  

...See, told ya last winter I had a black and white theme going with black jeans and a dotted top layered under a cozy gray sweater. :) 

look #8: for the love of dots
jacket: J. Crew Factory (retail version)  |  shirt: Loft  |  pants: Loft (similar)  |   boots: Arturo Chiang (exact)  |  bag: Coach (current version)  |   necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (same face with a leather band)    

Black and white dots and leggings, what's not to love? This outfit was warm and comfortable - two of my cool weather outfit musts.

Thanks to Anne and Jenn for hosting the #momstyleremix series! Be sure to check out the other linkup for some great jacket inspiration.

Want more #momstyleremix? Check out my chambray, colored bottoms, T-shirts, cardigans, sneakers, sweatshirts and jeans remixes! 

4 comments:

  1. Your remixes are always some of my favorites--I pretty much want to wear all of these right now! I have an olive version of that first jacket, but these looks are making me want to go out and get the khaki color!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I actually got the khaki jacket as part of my husband's Halloween costume two years ago and ended up stealing it for myself. I never though I'd wear it and now it's one of my favorite jackets!

      Delete
  2. Well this is lots of great inspiration for me, since fall has definitely hit... got to get this in before it's winter coat weather :) Such a great mix of levels of dressed-up-ness and even various seasons here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to my aunt and uncle from Kalamazoo last night and they were making me all kinds of jealous about the lovely cool weather you guys are having right now. J.E.A.L.O.U.S. But seriously, glad you're enjoying the jacket weather! :)

      Delete