Sunday, September 18, 2016

thoughts and whatnots: 9.18.16

it's almost fall ya'll:  one  |  two  |  three

blog love:

on teal and polka dots:


favorite sales:

whatnots:
  • what I'm reading: Okay, okay, don't judge, but I've been reading the "Lunar Chronicles" by Melissa Myers. It's all kinds of teen fiction goodness based on futuristic fairy tales. Interesting concept right? I've read "Cinder," "Scarlett" and "Cress" and am currently working on the fourth (and last) book in the series "Winter."
  • what I'm watching: binge watching Chuck on Netflix. 
  • what I'm crushing on: All the drusy pretties at Kendra Scott right now, especially this sapphire blue pendant necklace!
  • what I'm looking forward to: Wrapping up some major work projects this week and *hopefully* returning back to a normal work/life routine by the end of the week. Ooo...and Thursday is the first day of autumn, the start of my favorite time of the year - fall and winter are my favorites.

6 comments:

  1. I love the Lunar Chronicles! I am an elementary librarian and that series won't stay on the shelves. However there is another book in the series, Fairest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I'd forgotten about that one! I originally skipped it because it was an in between novella, and I wasn't as interested in Levana's story, but I may need to go back and read it! :)

      Delete
  2. I also LOVE the Lunar Chronicles. I love how they turned those classic stories into new versions where the princess doesn't need saving because she has the skills to save herself!

    I also really liked Fairest. It humanizes Levana, and I like that it presents a different perspective than the rest of the series. Also, it's much shorter than the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya'll have convinced me, I'm going to have to go back and read Fairest. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you deserve some guilty pleasure kinds of reading right now :) Yay to getting back to routines, and thanks for the bedroom love. Kind of glad to be back with my own space and pillow after a week away!

    Also that pigtails + polka dots photo is way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love traveling, but it's always so nice to come home and sink back into your own bed!

      I've been all about the pigtails lately, my current favorite is to make them into two little buns with bows. :) So cute and it keeps all the wispy hair out of her face.

      Delete