Monday, September 19, 2016

then & now: garnet stripe dress


It's fitting that both times I wore this dress was while working for university functions. The first in May 2015 at graduation and again a few weeks ago at convocation. I think I gravitate toward this dress for work because it's school colors and something easy to throw on. Also quite amusing to me that I've got the exact same pose going on in both photos, not much changes in a year I suppose...

Comparing the two looks, I think I actually prefer the way I wore it a year ago with the shorter, darker cardigan. After losing some weight, it now looks all sloppy in the top (which I didn't realize until after taking pictures). C'est la vie...it's still a cute dress though, I just need to take in the top a bit. :)

dress: Loft Outlet
cardigan: Banana Republic (similar)
sandals: Target (similar)
necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
earrings: Kate Spade (exact)
watch: Fossil (exact face with a leather band)
bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)


FINALLY after over a month, an outfit post! I know I'm a broken record, but work's been crazy lately! My largest project of the year goes to the printer this Friday (insert happy dance) so hopefully the late nights and weekend working will be over for awhile and I can get back to regular posting! :)


//  Sharing on Hello Monday.  //

4 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the nicest looks I have seeon you. I don't think the top looks overy sloppy, and I love the lighter looking sweater with it. Looks like a win for this years look in my books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much. We're all our own worst critics aren't we? Thanks for the sweet compliments!

      Delete
  2. Hi Erin, I know you love Mariana so I wanted to let you know we're running a giveaway for a Lady Marmalade bracelet. Feel free to enter or let your readers know!
    http://enreverie.com/pages/mariana-giveaway-fall-2016

    Have a great day!
    Kyle Heath
    Enreverie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about the giveaway, I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete