Wednesday, September 7, 2016

currently


currently I am...

reading: Radio Girls by Sarah-Jane Stratford. I've been wanting to lose myself in a good historical fiction book, so I can't wait to read it. I just cracked it open last night and so far, so good. :)

trying: champagne margaritas. Anne recently shared the most delicious-looking Pin-to-Present and ever since then I've been obsessed with trying them for myself! I finally made them this weekend and they were just as tasty as promised, but might have been a smidgen better with ice (my freezer is tiny so we took out the ice maker to add space). I haven't met a glass of champagne or a frosty margarita I didn't like, so it was still a win-win!

hoping: to have more time to finish this mermaid tail blanket. My niece is currently obsessed with all things mermaid, so what's more fun than to make her very own mermaid tail?! For you knitters out there, it's a pretty simple project, but a big one, so it's taking some time to finish. I have grand plans to make one for my other niece and my kiddo so they all can be little mermaid cousins! Cute, right?

decorating: Aubrey's big girl room. The above picture is what it looks like now, but we just bought a friend's really nice wooden daybed bed to use as her new big girl bed. It's in great shape, but needs a little paint. I'm going with the loveliest shade of soft blue/gray and found a pretty vintage-style cream ruffled duvet on ebay (you can also find it on sale at PBteen) and gold metallic heart sheets from Target. I'm thinking pops of blush and cream, a bit of metallic gold and lots of girly glam! And these DIY pom pom curtains are a must!

to-do listing: everything that needs to be done for work this month. My biggest project of the year is our annual magazine, which goes to the printers at the end of the month. (Slightly freaking out as I type this.) My department is a small, so I'm the designer and editor as well as writer for quite a bit of the content. It's a big project, and that combined with all the events my office as been coordinating and several other design projects, is the main reason I haven't been posting much lately. Lots of late nights lately...

Sharing with Anne and co-host Beth for Currently. Each month features a series of prompts that may be interpreted any way you wish.

6 comments:

  1. I think it is awesome that you are making and mermaid tail blanket. In all honesty I really would like one for myself. I just haven't found the "one" yet.

    Good luck on your magazine, it can be so intense putting yourself out there creatively. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady, I'm so relieved to be coming to the end of the magazine. It's designed, now in the proofing phase and it goes to press next week. As much as I love doing it, I'm so ready to be done with it and move on to the next project!

      Delete
  2. That drink looks SO good, perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big girl room, how fun! I am still hesitant to move Hendrik out of his crib, so getting to redecorate is probably the only thing that will get me there :) And so glad you enjoyed the champagne margaritas - we had them again last weekend. Hang in there with work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I'm in a rush to move Aubrey out of her crib either. With a to-do list a mile long, it's probably going to be awhile until I tackle painting the bed. I've had fun buying pieces and here there though to redecorate though!

      Delete