Monday, August 15, 2016

red on red


Happy Monday friends! Life has been so busy, it's hard to believe another week has come and gone. And it definitely doesn't feel like mid-August. Last week and this week are the semester break between summer and fall classes at the university I work at, so it's been super quiet on campus with empty parking lots, halls and classrooms. Though work itself has been especially busy helping recruiters and faculty put together last minute print projects. Not to mention working on our annual magazine - my biggest project of the year.

I love the first day of school - full of new beginnings - and I'm one of those nerds who loved stocking up on school supplies - all the fresh pencils, notebooks and Gelly Rolls pens please (not much as changed since then, I still love new office supplies). Maybe it's because back to school feels like the start of fall, even though it's still a million degrees out. I always had to wear all my new school clothes, even if I was sweating in my brand new sweaters, long-sleeve shirts and jeans. Not much has changed there either, I always want to wear something new right away, even if it isn't practical. :)

top: Boden (exact) last seen here
shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact) last seen here
necklace: Kendra Scott (exact) last seen here
earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)
watch: Fossil (same style with a leather band)
bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl, exact arrowhead)


// Sharing on Mix it Mondays.  //

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this combo! I will definitely be borrowing the idea of stripes and a midi skirt in the same color with some texture, so perfect!

    xoxo jenna @ sincerelyjennamarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you take pictures and post your version because I'd love to see how you style it!

      Delete