Monday, August 8, 2016

polka dots and aqua


I'm a literal interpretation of my blog name with my teal and polka dot outfit! Well, technically it's an aqua and polka dotted outfit, but it's all in the same color family, so it still counts. :)

Aside for this outfit, how gorgeous are these lilac crape myrtles? I'm not a fan of summer, but I do love all the pretty flowers that come out to play. While while not a gardener - as the poor, dry hydrangeas in front of my house can attest - I now kind of want a pair of dwarf crape myrtles in our front yard and maybe some boxwoods as well. Unfortunately, we have homeowner association restrictions on plants - our neighborhood is all about palm trees - but seriously, who couldn't love these blooms? Maybe I can win them over, because I think these would look perfect with our light gray stucco house (which we're in the process of repainting). And hey, maybe some shade would keep my hydrangeas from burning up, though aren't they supposed to like sun?


shirt: J. Crew (similar) 
skirt: J. Crew Factory (exact in other colors) last seen here
shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact) last seen here
necklace: Kendra Scott (exact) last seen here
watch: Fossil (same style)
bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl, similar aqua)
earrings: Stella and Dot (exact)


// Sharing on Mix it Mondays. //

6 comments:

  1. Love a polka dot top!!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Such a sucker for just about anything polka dotted!

      Delete
  2. Loving this combo and I adore the matching skirt and necklace :)

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is the perfect outfit for your blog! Love the fun manicure too. And don't ask me about plants... we got new landscaping this summer (including, I kid you not, 66 little boxwoods!) and it's a good thing I have this husband of mine, or it would all be wilted and dead by now :) But I do love those crape myrtles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, wilted and dead sounds like my yard. Since it's hot most of the year and we're so close to the beach nothing grows. Except weeds. Weeds apparently love hot, sandy soil. :)

      Delete