Tuesday, August 9, 2016

mom style remix: stripes



I'm pretty sure I have yet to meet a stripe I didn't like, so instead of showing you pretty much every.outfit.ever on the blog, I narrowed it down to some of my recent blue stripe outfits. Especially since seersucker and blue stripes feel so fresh and crisp - the epitome of summer - perfect for today's #momstyleremix stripes lineup!

look #1: seersucker blazer and lace
blazer: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  dress: Ann Taylor (3/4 sleeve option) |  shoes: Loft (exact)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (same style with a different face) |  bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)

It's nice to play dress up once and awhile, and work gives me the perfect (child-free) outlet to do that. Especially since this is outfits is not so toddler-friendly. Unless sticky-finger polka dots on white dresses become the latest fashion. :) See the original post.

look #2: seersucker blazer, polka dots and jeans
blazer: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  tee: J. Crew (similar)  |  jeans:  American Eagle (similar)  |   shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  necklace: Stella & Dot (exact)  |  watch: Target (similar)  |  bracelets: SageKandCo (designer original, designer inspired)  and Mooreseal (similar pearl cuff)  |  bag: Kate Spade (exact in watermelon pink)  |  earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)

This outfit's one of my recent favorites. I wore it to work for a casual Friday, but I can easily see wearing it out to dinner with girlfriends or switch the jeans out for navy pencil pants and you have a great business casual look. :)

look #3: striped popover and floral skirt
shirt: gap (exact)  |  skirt: Ann Taylor (exact)  |  shoes: Madewell (similar)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (same style with a different face)  |  earrings: Kate Spade (exact)  |  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl wire) and Kreations (cute alternative)

Another real-life work outfit that's all about stripe/floral pattern mixing. Almost all of today's remix outfits are blue, white and navy, so I wanted to so how a blue stripe shirt can act as a neutral when paired with the bold floral print. There's no blue in this skirt, but I still think it complements the pinks and reds. Pointed-toe flats make for an easy transition from work to running errands. 

look #4: striped popover and dark denim
shirt: gap (exact)  |  jeans:  American Eagle (similar)   |  sandals: Loft (very similar)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (same style with a different face)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (exact)  |  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)

This shirt is fun tucked into a pencil skirt, but I like it best lose with a pair of skinny jeans. It's super comfy, more polished than wearing a tee, and you can still get away with wearing sandals. 

look #5: striped popover and rain boots
shirt: gap (exact)  |  jeans:  American Eagle (current version)   |  rain boots: Hunter (exact)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (same style with a different face)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (exact)  |  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)  |  glasses: Warby Parker (exact in other colors)

Keeping it bright and summery on a rainy day by pairing this stripe popover with white jeans and my favorite Hunter boots. It was perfect for a rainy day of errand running! 

look #6: seersucker dress
dress: Journey Five via Groopdealz (exact)  |  sandals: Target (similar)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  earrings: Stella & Dot (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (same style with a different face)  |   bracelets: J. Crew Factory (exact pave link) and Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl)

I'm convinced this is the perfect summer dress with pockets deep enough for a cell phone and keys, a flattering sleeve-length and skirt that hits right at the knees. It was great for work, but also would be perfect for a casual summer wedding, bridesmaid luncheon or church. See the original post

look 7: breton stripes and polka dots
  top: Boden (exact)  |  skirt: J. Crew (similar polka dot in limited sizes, solid navy option)  |  shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  watch: Fossil (exact style with a different face)  |  bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact) and Kreatons (cute alternative)  |  earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive option)

Another work outfit that could easy be worn for brunch or dinner with family. The skirt has plenty of stretch and the low-wedge sandals make this outfit insanely comfortable, but still super pretty. See the original post.

look #8: breton stripes and aqua skirt
shirt: Boden (exact)  |  skirt: J. Crew Factory (exact in other colors)  |  shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  necklace: Reeds Jewelers (similar)  |  earrings: Reeds Jewelers (exact, inexpensive alternative)  |  watch: Target (similar)  |  bracelets: Loft (similar crystal) and Moorea Seal (similar pearl cuff)  

In addition to being a sucker for stripes, I have a thing about skirts with pockets, and this aqua one is no exception. I love the fun, nautical feel the striped tee gives this look and how easy and comfortable it was to wear (comfort being another thing I'm all about). See the original post

I've love how summery all these looks are, but I'm already looking forward to finding ways to style blue stripes this autumn/winter. I think the seersucker blazer would look super cute with a plaid blanket scarf, navy wool pencil skirt and riding boots; the stripe popover would go perfectly with a navy puffer vest, jeans and smoking loafers (I desperately wish these teal ones weren't out of stock in my size); the seersucker dress would look cute with a cardigan, cognac belt and booties; and the breton stripe tee would look great with a cozy cardigan and colored cords.

Thanks Anne and Jenn for hosting the #momstyleremix series! Before to check out the other linkups for some great striped outfit inspiration!

What more #momstyleremix? Check out my colored bottomsT-shirts, cardigans, sneakers, sweatshirts and jeans remixes! 

10 comments:

  1. I don't know...based on this, the blog title might need to change over to "teal and stripes" :) I love how much pattern and texture you mix with your stripes. Taking it up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, maybe so! I do love me some stripes. :) Thanks again for hosting such a fun linkup series!

      Delete
  2. The GAP boyfriend popover has been in my cart for ever, you are definitely pushing me to just buy it. Fun remix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...I hope you like it! It's definitely a fun transition piece. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE all of these looks! Stripes are my favorite and I want to steal all of these :) That breton stripes + polka dots look is my favorite--so classic and fun!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably one of my favorite looks as well. Can't go wrong with polka dots and stripes!

      Delete
  4. I love that floral pencil skirt! Great looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I honestly probably should have bought the floral pencil skirt a size up, but unfortunately it's sold out in my usual size. It was so pretty I just decided to rock it anyway. :)

      Delete
  5. I love that teal pencil skirt with the stripes, super cute!

    ReplyDelete